Amazon isn’t the only one eyeing a robotic revolution. Google has quietly...
Marantz SA-14S1 SACD Player and DAC
Marantz just announced the Reference Series SA-14S1 Super Audio CD Player and DAC which replaces the SA-15S2, and features a newly enhanced standalone DAC function which supports direct-stream digital (DSD) playback via USB-B, high resolution PCM via digital coax or fiber optic inputs. It also features analog audio circuits with Marantz’s exclusive HDAM modules for superior wide-range sound and expansive dynamic range.
The SA-14S1 is much more than a Super Audio CD player—it’s now equipped with a USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) to support direct-stream digital (DSD) playback. To satisfy listeners’ growing interest in high-definition (HD) audio, this player accepts various formats of input signals and plays them back through its advanced digital audio circuitry to deliver music with exceptional sound quality. The audio circuitry employs Marantz’s exclusive HDAM and HDAM-SA2 in a hybrid configuration to achieve low noise and high speed. Marantz engineers have improved the player’s reproduction of musical details and spatial expression by using thorough isolation and filtering to shut out noise that enters sound from a PC. Listeners can now play music from DSD files or highresolution sources. A new disc drive mechanism with superior vibration-absorbing, shockresistant and sound isolation characteristics provides enhanced disc-reading accuracy. Again, for utmost convenience and ease of use, the newly designed remote control unit operates not only the SA-14S1 Super Audio CD Player but also the Marantz PM-14S1 Integrated Amplifier.
Other audio advantages, high-quality sound enhancements, and useful functions include:
- USB-B port works in asynchronous mode and can handle LPCM and DSD content
- New disc drive mechanism to thoroughly suppress vibration
- Xyron fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP) used for the disc tray in the new disc drive mechanism
- Optical isolator eliminates influence of clock noise
- Jitter reducer generates a low-jitter output clock from a jittery external clock source
- Full discrete, high-quality headphone amplifier, featuring HDAM-SA2 and HDAM
- Selectable digital filter
- Can be used as a D/A converter with four digital inputs (USB-B, USB-A Coaxial, Optical)
- Total sound balance retuned with optimized parts
- 192kHz/24bit high current audiophile D/A converter
- Toroidal transformer (50 VA)
- Rigid chassis and double-layered bottom plate, aluminum die-cast foot
- High-purity, gold-plated copper RCA terminals
- Low-noise LCD display
- USB-A port on front for playback from an iPhone®, iPod® or USB device
- Down-mix stereo playback of multichannel Super Audio CD discs
- Can be operated from an iPhone, iPod, or Android device using the Marantz Remote
- App in combination with the Marantz NA-11S1 network audio player (sold separately)
- Super Audio CD-TEXT, MP3/WMA playback
- Auto standby, low power consumption in standby mode (less than 0.3W)
Price and Availability
The Marantz SA-14S1 SACD Player and DAC will be available for $2,499.