Amazon isn’t the only one eyeing a robotic revolution. Google has quietly...
Marantz PM6005 Stereo Integrated Amplifier
Marantz today announced the PM6005 hi-fi stereo integrated amplifier, which adds digital audio decoding, via the reference class CS4398 24 bit/192 kHz high current D/A converter, along with proprietary HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, over the prior PM6004 integrated amp.
In addition to analog audio inputs, the new PM6005 includes optical and coaxial digital audio inputs for direct connection to digital audio sources such as CD players, televisions and media players. The power amplifier features current feedback for wide-range, low-distortion sound quality with many different speaker types.
The power supply is equipped with a high current, shielded toroidal transformer and large-capacity Shottky Barrier Diodes that provide high-current and high-speed conversion capability. The PM6005 has two sets of gold-plated speaker terminals for connection to two pairs of loudspeakers, and the all-discrete headphone amplifier is compatible with virtually any headphone type, regardless of impedance or sensitivity. The PM6005 is rated at 45 watts per channel (8 ohms) and 60 watts per channel (4 ohms).
According to Paul Belanger, product manager, D+M Group, “The new PM6005 integrated amplifier builds on our acclaimed PM6004 by featuring an improved power supply and upgraded digital connectivity. The PM6005 performs brilliantly with customers’ various speaker types, headphones, digital audio equipment, and turntables.”
Price and Availability
The Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier is available now for $649, with three-year warranty for parts and labor.
- THD: 0.08% (20Hz – 20kHz, 2 channel driven, 8 ohms load)
- Input Sensitivity/Impeance: PHONO:MM:2.2mV/47k ohms, LINE:200mV/20k ohms
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 70kHz +0dB, -1dB (CD, 1W, 8 ohms load)
- S/N Ratio: PHONO:MM:83dB, LINE:102dB
- Number of Channels: 2
- Output Power: 45W (8 ohms), 60W (4 ohms)
- HDAM: yes
- Power Transformer: Shielded Toroidal Transformer
- Current Feedback Amplifier: yes
- Speaker Terminal: Gold Plated x 2 Pairs
- Tone Control: (Bass: 50Hz, Treble: 15kHz) +/-10dB
- Source Direct: yes
- Speaker A/B: yes
- External control: Flasher In
- D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: 1/1
- AC Outlets (Switched/Unswitched): 2/1
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Aluminum/Glass-reinforced resin
- Remote Control: Marantz System Remote Controller
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 155W (Standby: 0.3W)
- Dimensions W x H x D (Inchs): 17.3″ x 4.1″ x 14.6″
- Weight (lbs): 16.8 lbs