Marantz just announced the 5.1-channel NR1506 and 7.2-channel NR1606 Slim Design Network A/V Receivers are exclusively built for design and space-conscious home theater enthusiasts, priced under $700. Each comes with the latest in audio and video technology, paired with wireless connectivity, total ease-of-use and energy-conscious performance.
With an elegant and sophisticated appearance, the new Slim Design NR1506 Network A/V Receiver owns a five-channel amplifier with 50W per channel, delivering powerful sound with strong punch and delicate detail at the same time. Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, the NR1506 offers up nearly unlimited music sources, such as Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify Connect and AirPlay. It can play music files stored on a PC or NAS drive via DLNA. Almost any file is possible including high resolution FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 and even DSD. The iPod digital-compatible USB input on the front panel rounds up the various connectivity options.
The video section fully supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high resolution video, along with the latest HDMI 2.0a specification including 4K 60Hz pass-through and HDCP 2.2 compatibility that is required for 4K copy-protected content. It also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification. There are six HDMI inputs including one conveniently located on the front panel, all of which support HDCP 2.2 compatibility, enough to connect modern HDMI devices such as Blu-ray players or streaming set-top-boxes.
Setup is easy with the help of the on-screen Setup Assistant, and famous Audyssey MultEQ room calibration –no need to study the manual, users can just follow the on-screen instructions. A Marantz Remote App available for Android and iOS makes daily operation a breeze. At the same time, the NR1506 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
Sharing the same beautiful design, the step-up model NR1606 comes with even more features for advanced users. The NR1606 is equipped with Dolby Atmos decoding and Dolby Surround upmixing to deliver captivating multi-dimensional sound through height speakers or Dolby Atmos enabled upfiring speakers. It will also support the new object based surround format from DTS, DTS:X via a firmware update later this year.
The NR1606 further offers an advanced video section to upscale analog and digital source material up to Full HD 1080p or even 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. There are 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs and full support for second zone audio.
Price and Availability (available July/August 2015)
- Marantz NR1506 5.1ch Slim Design Network A/V Receiver – $499
- Marantz NR1606 7.1ch Slim Design Network A/V Receiver – $699
NR1506 5.1ch Slim Design Network A/V Receiver – Main Features
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- 50W x 5ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- Audyssey MultEQ auto speaker setup and room calibration
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Audyssey Dynamic EQ
- Latest HDMI 2.0a version with 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 5+1 HDMI in / 1 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Internet Radio support
- Setup Assistant and GUI
- AirPlay on board
- Marantz AVR Remote App for iOS and Android devices
- ECO mode
- Available in black
NR1606 7.1ch Slim Design Network A/V Receiver – Additional Features
- 50W x 7ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- Dolby Atmos (5.1.2 configuration)
- DTS:X ready
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 1 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 30/24 Hz
- ISF video calibration
- Advanced GUI
- Available in black