Marantz is about to release their first Multichannel A/V Preamplifier (model AV7702) with Dolby Atmos capability, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The 11.2-channel home theater preamp uses four DSP (Digital Sound Processing) engines with full support for Audyssey DSX, and DTS Neo:X 11.1
The new AV7702 comes with the latest current feedback topology and the Marantz’s own developed high-definition HDAMs, to deliver the power and finesse to astonish any listener. Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, it opens up to nearly unlimited music sources, such as Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, and AirPlay. Via DLNA network streaming, the AV7702 can play music files stored on a PC or external storage unit. Almost any file is possible including MP3, WMA, FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 & AAC. Gapless, DSD, and AIFF are also supported for the full enjoyment of live concerts or classical recordings. To round up the connectivity options, it comes with an iPod digital-compatible USB input and a Phono MM input for vinyl fans.
The video section comes with advanced video processing, support of the latest HDMI standard (4k 60Hz pass- through), 7+1 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs for main zone & multi-zone. Even more, the AV7702 features high-quality video processing technology to upscale standard of high definition video to Full HD 1080p and even 4k full rate (50/60 Hz).
The AV7702 has the processing power to run a more enveloping, 7, 9, or 11 channel Dolby Atmos layout using 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 configurations utilizing ceiling mounted, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 or 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 configuration is based on a 7.1 speaker layout with 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 9.1.2 configuration is based on a 9.1 speaker layout with 2 overhead speakers.
To finish off, the AV7702 owns 13.2ch pre-out capability (11.2ch XLR, 13.2ch RCA) for extreme versatility in amplification options. The most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (Pro ready) room correction suite adds to the most accurate calibration of the speakers to guarantee that every seat in the room is a ‘sweet spot’ for audio. Audyssey LFC reduces the transmission of low frequency sound through walls something your neighbors are sure to appreciate, while Audyssey Sub EQ HT cares for perfect integration of two subwoofers in the home theater setup.
Price and Availability
The Marantz AV7702 Multichannel A/V Preamplifier with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will be available in black in October 2014 for $1,999.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Big trapdoor design
- Current Feedback topology and new Marantz HDAM
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Audyssey DSX; DTS Neo:X (11.1ch)
- 13.2ch pre-out (11.2ch XLR, 13.2ch RCA) and 11.2ch signal processing
- Latest HDMI version with 4k 50/60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 3 HDMI out (2 + 1 zone) (4k 50/60Hz, 3D, ARC, Deep Color)
- HDMI scaling 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- ISF video calibration
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- USB port
- Spotify Connect, Pandora Sirius XM (where available), Flickr, Internet Radio support
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- 4 Smart Select buttons for fast selection of listening presets
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android devices