Avid today announced the M-Audio BX5 D2 and BX8 D2 studio monitors. The new BX D2 series of powered speakers flaunt a new look and improved sound that's true to the source, helping musicians, producers, and video editors create mixes that translate well across listening systems.
Avid has leveraged technology from their high-end monitors to extend the frequency response and provide an even more natural listening experience. Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum — while the latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound.
- Technology leveraged from high-end M-Audio monitors, providing enhanced acoustic performance, especially in the low-frequency range
- Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters, providing rich, defined bass and smooth, clear highs
- The BX8 D2 is equipped with a 8-inch woofer and 130 watts of distributed power
- The BX5 D2 is equipped with a 5-inch woofer and 70 watts of distributed power
- Optimized rear port, providing extended low-frequency response
|M-Audio BX5 D2||M-Audio BX8 D2|
|bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power||bi-amplified design with 130 watts of distributed power|
|5″ low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones||8″ low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones|
|1″ high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides||1-1/4″ high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides|
|optimized rear ports||optimized rear ports|
|XLR balanced and 1/4″ balanced/unbalanced inputs||XLR balanced and 1/4″ balanced/unbalanced inputs|