LG announced the mid-range Stylus 2 Android smartphone, which boasts a real pen-like feel and more accuracy when notetaking and drawing compared to a rubber-tipped pen. The LG Stylus 2 is noticeably thinner and lighter than its predecessor, the LG G4 Stylus. At only 7.4mm thin and weighing just 145g, the slim 5.7-inch phone is complemented by a protruded flat display, Spin Hairline pattern on the back and metallic frames on all its edges. The LG Stylus 2 sports a high-capacity 3,000mAh removable battery and a SD card slot.
The LG Stylus 2 works just like using a real pen and memo pad with features like the new Calligraphy Pen font that allows one to write as beautifully and decoratively as if using a fountain pen. Also new is Pen Keeper, which prevents the stylus from being misplaced by displaying a popup message when the phone is detected as being in motion when the stylus bay is empty. The LG Stylus 2 also features Pen Pop which toggles a popup menu when the stylus is removed for shortcuts to Pop Memo and Pop Scanner.
Price and Availability
Due out sometime this year. Price TBD.
- Display: 5.7-inch HD In-Cell Touch (1280 x 720)
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- Camera: Rear 13MP / Front 8MP
- Memory: 1.5GB LPDDR3 RAM / MicroSD
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 155 x 79.6 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 145g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / USB 2.0
- Colors: Titan / White / Brown