T-Mobile announced the LG myTouch Q and LG myTouch 4G capable Android smartphones designed for first time users, which claim to simplify the setup process. Offered in two different styles of hardware, the myTouch touts a 3.8-inch touch screen and a virtual keyboard with Swype, while the myTouch Q is equipped with a 3.5-inch touch screen plus a physical slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
Both devices are powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and a 1GHz Qualcomm processor. Advanced multimedia features include a 5-megapixel camera and 720p HD video recorder for capturing photos and videos while on the go. The myTouch also includes a front-facing camera with access to T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik for face-to-face video chat.
With access to T-Mobile's 4G network, the myTouch and myTouch Q allow customers to browse the Web, access email and social networking services, download free and paid applications through Android Market, and much more. Both devices also offer built-in entertainment applications, including T-Mobile TV and YouTube for real-time mobile video streaming and on-demand TV.
- Set-up Wizard: Simple instructions for quick e-mail and social network integration
- Tips Widget: A quick “how-to” providing an overview of the available device features, including a collection of instructional videos
- Genius Button: One-shot voice commands to call, text, or search the Web all with the press of a button
- Full HTML Web browser
- Android 2.3 software with access to thousands of applications on Android Market
- T-Mobile TV in Mobile HD to access live and on-demand TV
- T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik allows face-to-face chat through T-Mobile's 4G network or Wi-Fi
- Slacker Radio offers over 150 free, personalized radio stations
- TeleNav GPS Navigator for turn-by-turn directions, traffic alerts and more
- Full Microsoft Exchange support
- 5-megapixel camera with digital zoom, autofocus, face detection and front facing camera
- 720p HD video recorder
- Preinstalled 2GB microSD, expandable up to 32GB
- Bluetooth version 3.0
- Built-in 3.5mm headphone jack
- Wi-Fi Calling; Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- 1 GHz Qualcomm processor
- Dual-band 4G UMTS/HSPA+ (Bands I & IV)
- Quad-band GSM world phone: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.4″ x 0.38″; Weight: 3.7 ounce (myTouch)
Price and Availability
Both phones, exclusively from T-Mobile, are expected to be available in time for the holiday season.
- LG myTouch is offered in two colors — either black or white
- LG myTouch Q is offered in two colors — either gray or violet