LG just released four wireless speakers and three sound bars that can work together or separately. The versatile LG Music Flow Wi-Fi audio lineup includes the company’s first battery-powered Portable Wi-Fi streaming speaker (Model H4), three additional Wi-Fi streaming speakers (Model H3, H5, H7), and three new Wi-Fi streaming sound bars (Model LAS751M, LAS851M, LAS950M). Each model can be controlled using LG’s intuitive Music Flow mobile app for various Android, iOS or Chromebook mobile devices. Each speaker is designed to be modular, so users can start with just one speaker and add more over time to create a customized listening experience throughout their home.
The Music Flow is a smart Hi-Fi audio system that takes the experience of reconnecting with favorite music to a whole new level. Google Cast will allow anyone to send music from their Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows laptop or Chromebook to their Google Cast-enabled LG Music Flow audio speakers and sound bars.
A key competitive advantage for LG Music Flow devices is that they have Google Cast built-in so users will be able to stream music from their mobile devices and listen to tunes from their favorite online music services, including Google Play Music, Pandora, Songza, TuneIn, iHeartRadio and Rdio, among others. Listeners can enjoy higher audio quality than what they would hear with a Bluetooth speaker because the music is sent from the cloud, not a mobile device.
These speakers can also stream from the cloud, not mirrored from the mobile device. This particular aspect of Google Cast ensures that other phone operations such as incoming calls or text messages do not disrupt the playback. Spotify users can take advantage of Spotify Connect, which will act as a remote, allowing them to control their LG Music Flow speakers through the app.
- The Home Cinema Mode enables users to enjoy a true home cinema sound experience, by adding an LG Music Flow sound bar to the network and synchronizing it with the Music Flow speakers;
- Multi-Room mode lets you customize your home audio experience by synchronizing your speaker to play the same music or listen to different music in each room;
- Auto Music Play automatically syncs with users’ devices via Wi-Fi when the device is brought within one foot of the speaker so music can be enjoyed without interruption;
- A Mesh network combined with dual band technology that minimizes interruptions of your music to deliver reliable, superior sound performance; and
- Compatibility with many streaming services and Bluetooth for endless music options.
Pricing and Availability
LG Music Flow series is available from major retailers including Amazon, HH Gregg, Best Buy and Google Play store.
LG Wi-Fi Streaming Speakers:
- H3 NP8340 30-watt speaker: $179
- H4 NP8350B 20-watt portable speaker: $199 (available in May 2015)
- H5 NP8540 40-watt speaker: $279
- H7 NP8740 70-watt speaker: $379
LG Wi-Fi Streaming Sound Bars