Ultra-slim THX Certified, 480Hz, LED-backlit TV
LG's new top-of-the-line 55LX9500 (55-inch) and 47LX9500 (47-inch) televisions provide consumers with the latest 3D-capable LED display technology. They work with the use of active shutter glasses and an emitter built directly into the television to provide 3D content in Full HD 1080p resolution to each eye.
LG's proprietary Full LED Slim technology elevates picture quality with LED backlighting that supports detailed local dimming for improved contrast and detail, while also allowing for a sleek frame with an ultra-slim .92-inch wide bezel for a virtually borderless look. The set itself measures less than an inch thick at its thinnest point. With up to 240 addressable LED segments (on the 55LX9500), this state-of-the-art HDTV provides deeper black levels, sharper colors and an overall uniform picture quality that typically could not be achieved on an ultra-thin set. With an astonishing 480Hz refresh rate, LED local dimming, 2D THX Certification and its eye-catching super-slim frame, the LX9500 makes for a stunning display whether the power is on or off.
The LX9500 also offers consumers virtually limitless entertainment options through NetCast Entertainment Access. This model is Wi-Fi enabled (adaptor required, sold separately), so online content can be accessed through a wireless connection to a home network. LG's LX9500 series also incorporates LG's unique “Magic Wand” remote system that provides an intuitive interaction with the set.
Both the LX9500 and just announced LX6500 models keep consumers entertained at home, boasting seamless connectivity and a virtually limitless content package with a variety of entertainment options, including NetCast Entertainment Access. With NetCast, consumers can access the following content sites for an almost endless array of online entertainment options without the need for a personal computer:
- Netflix: Consumers can stream thousands of movies and TV shows, including a growing number of HD titles.
- VUDU: Allows consumers to instantly buy or rent from the largest library of movies in Full HD 1080p resolution as well as TV titles — with no monthly fees or additional hardware.
- YouTube: Offers the ability to instantly stream millions of Web videos directly from the Internet (without a personal computer).
- Yahoo! Widgets: Enables access to TV Widgets that allow viewers to interact with popular Internet services and online media through applications specifically tailored to the needs of the watcher, such as up-to-the minute Yahoo! News, Weather and Finance, and new widgets, including CBS, Showtime and CNBC.
- Picasa: Provides access to Google's photo software so consumers can view photo albums at the touch of a button.
Understanding consumers' desire for products that reduce their household energy costs, both of LG's 3D LED HDTVs have a variety of energy-saving features, such as Intelligent Sensor to automatically calibrate and optimize brightness, contrast, white balance and color, based on the ambient light in the room, thereby saving on energy output under most circumstances. Additionally, ISFccc calibration options allows for professional calibration to set “day” and “night” levels for optimal viewing and brightness levels customized to the consumers own viewing environment. All of LG's 2010 LED LCD series are ENERGY STAR® rated.
LG Infinia LX9500 and LX6500 series HDTVs, paired with the company's BX580 Network Blu-ray Disc player and custom 3D eyewear, now enable consumers to experience 3D TV, colors and contrast like never before. The LX9500 provides the ultimate home entertainment experience with THX certified picture quality, Full LED Slim technology, virtually unlimited content possibilities from NetCast Entertainment Access, an ultra-high refresh rate and all of LG's latest innovations.
“While consumers are still seeking the ultimate 2D HDTV home entertainment experience, demand for 3D technology is growing by the day, and as more content becomes available in the 3D format, this demand will continue to increase,” said Peter Reiner, senior vice president, marketing, LG Electronics USA. “LG is now providing consumers with 'something better' in 3D – sleek design, entertainment and online content options, and the extraordinary picture and sound quality that people have come to expect from LG.”
|Display Size||55-inch class
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio||10,000,000:1||10,000,000:1||8,000,000:1||8,000,000:1|
|TruMotion||480 Hz||480 Hz||240 Hz||240 Hz|
|Response Time||1 ms||1 ms||2 ms||2ms|
|THX Certified Display||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Remote Control Type||2 (Magic Motion and Unified)||2 (Magic Motion and Unified)||1 (Unified)||1 (Unified)|
|Full Specs||Open PDF||Open PDF||Open PDF||Open PDF|
* LG LED HDTVs are LCD TVs with LED Backlighting. LG TVs are THX certified in 2D only. Internet connection required to access NetCast and is sold separately. Some NetCast services require separate paid subscriptions. Viewing 3D video may cause discomfort. 3D glasses required and sold separately.