LG’s new 55LX6500 (55-inch) and 47LX6500 (47-inch) televisions deliver 3D technology, contain energy-saving features, and offer superior display performance with multiple entertainment options. They allow consumers to tap into the future of entertainment with broadband TV, and offers a host of other features that will bring the viewing experience to the next level.
Featuring LED Plus technology, the LX6500 combines edge lighting and local dimming for greater control of individual sections of the picture, based on the actual on-screen content which will deliver better contrast, amazing clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs. With the dynamic mega contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1, the LX6500 delivers stunning colors and deeper blacks, so concerns about seeing details in dark scenes are a thing of the past. View sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur and in crystal clarity with LG’s TruMotion 240Hz technology, which enables your TV to keep up with the fastest moving scenes. The LX6500 series also features NetCast and is WiFi capable (adaptor required, sold separately).
Both the LX6500 and just announced ultra-slim LX9500 series TVs keep consumers entertained at home, boasting seamless connectivity and a virtually limitless content package with a variety of entertainment options, including NetCast Entertainment Access. With NetCast, consumers can access the following content sites for an almost endless array of online entertainment options without the need for a personal computer:
- Netflix: Consumers can stream thousands of movies and TV shows, including a growing number of HD titles.
- VUDU: Allows consumers to instantly buy or rent from the largest library of movies in Full HD 1080p resolution as well as TV titles — with no monthly fees or additional hardware.
- YouTube: Offers the ability to instantly stream millions of Web videos directly from the Internet (without a personal computer).
- Yahoo! Widgets: Enables access to TV Widgets that allow viewers to interact with popular Internet services and online media through applications specifically tailored to the needs of the watcher, such as up-to-the minute Yahoo! News, Weather and Finance, and new widgets, including CBS, Showtime and CNBC.
- Picasa: Provides access to Google’s photo software so consumers can view photo albums at the touch of a button.
Understanding consumers’ desire for products that reduce their household energy costs, both of LG’s 3D LED HDTVs have a variety of energy-saving features, such as Intelligent Sensor to automatically calibrate and optimize brightness, contrast, white balance and color, based on the ambient light in the room, thereby saving on energy output under most circumstances. Additionally, ISFccc calibration options allows for professional calibration to set “day” and “night” levels for optimal viewing and brightness levels customized to the consumers own viewing environment. All of LG’s 2010 LED LCD series are ENERGY STAR® rated.
|Display Size||55-inch class
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio||10,000,000:1||10,000,000:1||8,000,000:1||8,000,000:1|
|TruMotion||480 Hz||480 Hz||240 Hz||240 Hz|
|Response Time||1 ms||1 ms||2 ms||2ms|
|THX Certified Display||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Remote Control Type||2 (Magic Motion and Unified)||2 (Magic Motion and Unified)||1 (Unified)||1 (Unified)|
|Full Specs||Open PDF||Open PDF||Open PDF||Open PDF|
* LG LED HDTVs are LCD TVs with LED Backlighting. LG TVs are THX certified in 2D only. Internet connection required to access NetCast and is sold separately. Some NetCast services require separate paid subscriptions. Viewing 3D video may cause discomfort. 3D glasses required and sold separately.Where to Buy