New USB Flash Drive/Reader Offers Expansion Possibilities for Mobile Users Everywhere
Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the DataTraveler Micro Reader, an all-in-one USB Flash drive and reader that can store, transfer and read content on mobile memory cards.
“As mobile phones perform more sophisticated functions, carving a greater place in the lives of mobile consumers, Kingston is developing faster speed/larger capacity cards and versatile USB/card/device readers to help users get the most out of their devices,” said Jean Wong, Flash memory product manager, Kingston. “We believe the DT Micro Reader will be well received by the mobile community as a smart single-solution to navigate the plethora of devices and card formats on the market today.”
The DataTraveler Micro Reader is enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost, and features onboard Flash memory up to 4GB(1) and an expansion slot to read microSD, microSDHC, or Memory Stick Micro (M2) cards. It is the perfect device for users who want to minimize the number of devices they carry and still have a USB drive handy for storage and a reliable method to transfer songs, videos, photos, and more between a mobile phone and computer.
Mobile phones that utilize microSD, microSDHC or Memory Stick Micro (M2) memory cards can take advantage of the DT Micro Reader’s simple drag and drop action that easily transfers files between one’s PC or Mac and mobile phone. Digital content can now be enjoyed on the phone without the need for cables.
The DataTraveler Micro Reader is backed by a five-year warranty and legendary Kingston service and support. The 1GB version will ship this month, followed by the 2- and 4GB capacities.
- Versatile: use as a USB Flash drive and/or as a reader for microSD, microSDHC, and Memory Stick Micro (M2)(2)
- Compliant: with SD 2.00, microSDHC and USB 2.0
- Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Simple: plug and play into any USB port
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty
- Dimensions: 2.52″ x 0.78″ x 0.41″ (64.0 mm x 19.8mm x 10.4mm)
- Capacities(1): 1GB, 2GB, 4GB
- Enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost(3)
- Operating temperatures: -32(degrees) to 140(degrees) F (0(degrees) to 60(degrees) C)
- Storage temperatures: -4(degrees) to 185(degrees) F (-20(degrees) to -85(degrees) C)
- Weight: 0.31 oz. (8.68 g)
Kingston DataTraveler Micro Reader
|Part Number||MSRP (U.S. only)|
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and sales representatives in the United States, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, India, Taiwan, China, and Latin America. For more information, please call 800-337-8410 or visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
(1) Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage.
For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide. Some devices may not support all of the options listed. Always consult your owner’s manual for supported configurations.
(2) Memory Stick and Memory Stick Micro (M2) are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Kingston is not affiliated with Sony Corporation.
(3) Speed may vary due to host, hardware, software and usage.