KEF today introduced 10 new in-ceiling loudspeakers to its Custom Installation (Ci) series, which include four rectangular and six square models. Each speaker features KEF's magnetically-attached Ultra Thin Bezel (UTB), allowing the loudspeakers to seamlessly blend in with any surrounding decor. Additionally, KEF proprietary grille treatments ensure the loudspeakers will stand up to humid and moist areas including bathrooms, boats or near the ocean.
All KEF Ci in-ceiling speakers feature KEF's tangerine waveguide which provides a greater level of dispersion and driver protection. The series' forward mounted woofer eliminates diffraction and ensures superior sound performance regardless of placement.
For enhanced sound quality, select models of the new Ci loudspeakers feature KEF's patented Uni-Q driver array, which places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the woofer. This allows both the woofer and tweeter to act as a single, focused source of sound that is dispersed widely and evenly throughout a room or setting–a feature not found on any other in-ceiling loudspeaker.
Additionally, one of the new models, the square Ci100QS, is designed to complement's KEF's Ci Soundlight models which deliver exceptional audio performance in the form of a loudspeaker that matches today's small Halogen lighting.
David Kroll, Ci product manager for KEF said, “The acoustic performance of these models has surpassed our every expectation. The very attractive UTB thin bezel's modern look is in high demand with architects and designers. Additionally, our Uni-Q driver is ideally suited for the square shape and the consumer benefits from the placement-friendly, wide off-axis response and small visible footprint.”
Photo: KEF Ci160QL Rectangle in-ceiling loudspeaker
KEF's new Ci models include:
- Ci130CS — Square in-ceiling loudspeaker; 130mm (5.25″) driver
- Ci160CS — Square in-ceiling loudspeaker; 160mm (6.5″) driver
- Ci100QS — Square in-ceiling loudspeaker; 100mm (4″) Uni-Q driver
- Ci130QS — Square in-ceiling loudspeaker; 130mm (5.25″) Uni-Q driver
- Ci160QS — Square in-ceiling loudspeaker; 160mm (6.5″) Uni-Q driver
- Ci200QS — Square in-ceiling loudspeaker; 200mm (8″) Uni-Q driver
- Ci160CL — Rectangle in-ceiling loudspeaker; 160mm (6.5″) driver
- Ci200CL — Rectangle in-ceiling loudspeaker; 200mm (8″) driver
- Ci160QL — Rectangle in-ceiling loudspeaker; 160mm (6.5″) Uni-Q driver
- Ci200QL — Rectangle in-ceiling loudspeaker; 200mm (8″) Uni-Q driver
Pricing and availability were not announced.