Kaleidescape just introduced the Cinema One, an all-in-one DVD/Blu-ray player and movie server that allows instant access to 100 Blu-ray or 600 DVD-quality movies. The beauty of the component is in the simplicity of its user interface, which allows users to browse through their entire movie library in a nice graphical interface. There is no need to worry about manually entering in movie titles, because the Cinema One stores and automatically catalogs your movies and music on a hard disk drive for easy access and playback.
The Kaleidescape Experience is powered by the company’s comprehensive Movie Guide, which contains nearly a quarter million titles. Movies are presented with gorgeous high-resolution cover art and a short synopsis. As viewers browse their collection, the onscreen user interface highlights similar films based on genre, director, actors and more. Kaleidescape experts have handpicked thousands of the most memorable scenes in films, concerts and musicals so viewers can jump directly to the best parts of their favorite movies.
Cinema One connects to any home automation system. So when you press Play, the lights go down, the masking is set, and the movie starts instantly, creating a truly theatrical movie experience. And with the unique CinemaScapevideo-processing mode, Cinema One is the best source device available for a 2.35 home theater.
A second Cinema One can be added to double the storage capacity and enable viewing of the combined library on a second television. And a three-year standard limited warranty ensures customers can enjoy their movies worry-free.
With Cinema One, viewers can download movies directly from the Kaleidescape Store—the only store that offers movie downloads with the same audio/video fidelity of Blu-ray discs. Downloads include all special features, audio tracks and extra content otherwise available only on the physical disc.
“Today, Blu-ray discs are the reference standard for the discerning viewer, but they’re not as convenient as streaming,” said Doug Blackburn of Widescreen Review. “The Kaleidescape Store is currently the only way to download movies with precisely the same audio/video fidelity as Blu-ray. With Cinema One, anyone looking for the ultimate home theater experience without the inconvenience of physical discs will find Kaleidescape to be the best possible option for a theater system that will impress the owner, family and friends.”
Cinema One is the first component in Kaleidescape’s new Cinema line, designed for smaller systems and featuring simple onscreen setup. The flagship Kaleidescape product line—which can serve collections of any size to a virtually unlimited number of rooms using rack-mountable hardware—is now called the Premiere line, and is intended for professional custom installation.
Price and Availability
Kaleidescape Cinema One is now available for $3,995 in all of the Magnolia Design Centers. It can also be purchased from any of Kaleidescape’s 1,800 dealers worldwide or directly from store.kaleidescape.com (US only).
Size and Weight
|Dimensions:||17.0 in. × 2.8 in. × 10.0 in.
(43.2 cm × 7.1 cm × 25.4 cm)
|Weight:||10.2 lb (4.62 kg)|
- High Power Standby consumption: 20.0 Watts
- Low Power Standby consumption: 0.35 Watts
- Max consumption: 60 Watts
- *Typical: 35W
- External power adapter, 100-240VAC to 12VDC @ 5A, 60 Watts with detachable line cord.
- Operating temp: 5 to 35°C
- Storage temp: -20 to 60°C
- Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (operation) 5% to 90% (storage)
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 ft
- Heat output: 135 BTU/hour (40 Watts)
- Airflow: 10 CFM
- Middle Atlantic rack shelf available for mounting into a 2U 19″ rack space.
- Integrated storage for up to 100 Blu-ray or 600 DVD-quality movies
- Downloads from the Kaleidescape Store, precisely matching the quality of Blu-ray disc and DVD
- Blu-ray Disc, BD-R, BD-RE
- DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
- CD Audio, CD-R, CD-RW
- Profile 2.0
Regional Playback Control
The DVD region code of the Cinema One can be changed up to four times.
The Blu-ray Disc region code of the Cinema One is set at time of purchase and cannot be changed by the customer. Any Cinema One can import any Blu-ray Disc. An imported Blu-ray movie will play if a component of the system matches the region code specified by the disc.
- 100Base-TX/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ45 connector)
- 802.11n Wi-Fi USB adapter included
- Digital coaxial (RCA connector)
- Analog stereo (RCA connectors)
- 1080p60/50/24, 1080i60/50, 720p60/50, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i
- Video processing and user interface selectable to 2.35 (CinemaScape) or 1.78:1
- Bitstream pass-through of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Dolby Digital
- DTS Digital Surround
- MPEG Audio
- Ethernet control from Crestron, AMX, Control4, Savant, the Kaleidescape App for iPad, and other apps and control systems
- Kaleidescape Remote included
- Front-panel IR receiver window
- IR input (1/8 in. mini-plug)
- 3 years (extendable)
- CSA (IEC 60950-1:2005, CSA 60950-1-07 )
- FCC Class B
- GOST R
- RoHS compliant
- Minimum ventilation space (front): 1 inch (2.5cm)
- Minimum ventilation space (rear): 2 inch (5cm)