JL Audio announced the M880-CCX 8.8-inch premium marine coaxial speaker system, offering a significant performance advantage over the previous 7.7-inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials (at twice the cone area).
JL Audio also designed a bigger, more powerful silk dome tweeter just for this model, so high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass. A high-quality, 2-way crossover network is attached to the driver for ease of installation.
The bass is so impressive that the M880-CCX can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a serious low-frequency punch. When used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers.
- Coaxial Speaker Nominal Diameter: 8.8 in (224 mm)
- Tweeter: 1.2 in (30 mm) treated silk dome
- Continuous Power Handling: 125 W (RMS)
- Recommended Amplifier Power:50-250 W per ch.
- Frequency Response:38 Hz – 20 KHz ± 3 dB
- System Efficiency: 90.5 dB @ 1W / 1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Mounting Depth: 5.18 in (131.6 mm)