JL Audio announced the thin, yet 13.5-inch 13TW5v2 car subwoofer driver with only 2.63 inches of mounting depth allowing for high-quality, high-output sub-bass performance in tight spaces.
Patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 13TW5v2 using a “concentric tube” structure that supports the 7-inch diameter voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placement of the large motor structure much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs while maintaining excellent linear excursion capability and mechanical stability.
The v2 improves upon the original 13TW5 with significantly greater linear excursion capability to unleash even more performance. The cast alloy chassis has also been strengthened, and the rear pole vent now features an annular vent. The v2 will be available in single 2 ohm and single 4 ohm voice coil versions to fit a wide range of applications.
In keeping with its “tight-spaces” mission, the 13TW5v2 is optimized for enclosures that are far smaller than most 12-inch woofers require and only a bit larger than the air space needs of a typical, small-box 10-inch woofer. The mounting system is designed to fit in about the same footprint as a typical 12-inch woofer.
- Extremely shallow mounting depth (2.63 inches)
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability
- High power handling
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- Patented “concentric tube” suspension design
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Very large diameter voice coil: 7-inch / 178 mm dia
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mineral-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
Key Improvements over 13TW5:
- 13% more linear excursion capability
- Available in 2 or 4 ohm single voice coil versions
- Stronger cast alloy basket design
- Nominal Diameter: 13.5-inch (345 mm)
- Recommended Power Range: 250 – 600 Watts
- Xmax: 0.43 in (10.9 mm) one-way, linear
- Impedance: Single 2 ohm or Single 4 ohm
- Rec. Sealed Enclosure: 0.80 cu.ft. (22.6 l)
- Mounting Depth: 2.63 in (67 mm)
- Availability: Second Quarter 2012
- Suggested Retail: USD $649.95