JL Audio announced new TW3 car subwoofer drivers, which deliver a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and amazing excursion capability, available in 12-inch (12TW3) and 10-inch (10TW3) sizes.
JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the TW3's using a “concentric tube” structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
The JL Audio TW3's are optimized for small enclosures and offer the company's tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints.
According to Manville Smith, JL Audio's V.P. of Marketing, “These subwoofers give installers the ability to add deep, powerful and accurate bass in more applications than ever before, at prices that are right in the mainstream.”
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- Patented “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
|Nominal Diameter:||10-inch (250 mm)||12-inch (300 mm)|
|Recommended Power Range:||125 – 400 Watts||125 – 400 Watts|
|Xmax:||0.60 in (15.2 mm) one-way, linear||0.60 in (15.2 mm) one-way, linear|
|Impedance:||Dual 4 ohm||Dual 4 ohm|
|Rec. Sealed Enclosure:||0.50 cu.ft. (14.3 l)||0.75 cu.ft. (21.3 l)|
|Mounting Depth:||3.25 in (83 mm)||3.5 in (89 mm)|
|Availability:||Second Quarter 2012||Second Quarter 2012|
|MSRP (USD):||$349.95 each||$399.95 each|