Harman is about to release the JBL Xtreme, which they claim is the ultimate Bluetooth portable speaker designed to deliver big concert sound that will outlast every party with its 15 hours of playing time.
Through JBL’s technology and patents, the Xtreme’s rugged, splashproof portable speaker is empowered with four active transducers and two bass radiators that enable listeners to feel the music with its powerful sound, while on-the-go. The JBL Xtreme also features a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone for crystal clear calls, and JBL Connect technology that can wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect-enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience. This extraordinary stereo sound will fuel boundless adventures – whether indoors or outdoors, poolside or at the beach.
The JBL Xtreme isn’t just for playing music, as users can charge other devices with its dual USB charge-out ports, connect up to three smartphones or tablets and take turns playing DJ. The device also provides a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone option for clear conference calls by simply pressing a button.
“JBL Xtreme is the most powerful speaker in its class today with exciting features and incredible functionality that will set a new standard for the portable category,” said Michael Mauser, president, Lifestyle Audio Division, HARMAN.
- Enables users to connect up to three smartphones or tablets through Bluetooth and take turns playing earth-shaking, powerful stereo sound from their personal device
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 15 hours of playtime and charges devices via dual USB ports
- Delivers crystal clear calls from the speaker with its noise and echo cancelling feature simply by touching a button
- Allows music lovers to use the speaker in the rain and the great outdoors with its durable fabric material, rubber housing and splashproof design, perfect for any adventure
- Enables users to amplify the listening experience by connecting compatible devices via the JBL Connect feature
- Equipped with dual external passive radiators that enables listeners to feel and hear the powerful bass feature
- Includes a shoulder strap for easy carrying and portability
- Available in various colors including black, red or blue
Pricing and Availability
The JBL Xtreme is currently available in Europe and will become available in-stores and at www.jbl.com/Xtreme in the U.S. for $299.95 on September 27, 2015.