Harman will soon release JBL Boost TV, a $200 ultra-compact TV sound system that instantly improves any TV audio for a more cinematic sound. Perfect for any size TV, the Boost TV is not a typical sound bar. It is the first audio product to feature “multi-screen listening”, allowing a user to easily “break-in” with her mobile device without physically switching inputs. This helps the user effortlessly switch between the TV sound or mobile device sound as quickly as attention is switching between the TV and the mobile device. TV
The product is covered with a high-quality black fabric that visually stands apart from typical plastic soundbars, yet naturally complements your Television. The product features a breathtaking shape that is framed by two flared ports that maximize deep, rich bass performance.
Boost is made for “plug-and-play” ease of use. Simply take it out of the box, connect one cable from your TV, and enjoy Optical audio with Dolby Digital, virtual surround and Bluetooth. At only 15″ long (380mm), Boost TV claims to deliver knockout sound quality with deep bass, virtual surround and Dolby Digital for HD movies. Because of its simple plug-and-play setup, shoppers can go from unboxing to relaxing and enjoying cinematic sound in minutes.
The Boost TV sound system is equipped with cutting-edge Bluetooth streaming and features JBL Connect technology. JBL Connect wirelessly links multiple JBL Connect-enabled speakers together to play the same Bluetooth audio, giving users the unique ability to link their TV speaker with other portable devices.
Boost TV allows users to automatically switch audio between devices with JBL SoundShift. Rather than straining to listen to the sound of a YouTube clip coming from a smartphone while a favorite television show plays or needing to turn the TV volume down, JBL SoundShift technology instantly swaps audio sources for the ultimate second screen experience.
- Optical digital audio with Dolby Digital connects one cable to your HDTV, allowing users to experience movie sound the way it is meant to be heard;
- JBL Soundshift allows you to automatically switch between your TV audio and your phone or tablet audio for the ultimate second screen viewing experience;
- Harman display surround allows users to experience virtual surround sound without the additional wires or speakers;
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming connects up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker to take turns playing music with JBL Signature Sound;
- JBL Connect builds your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience;
- TV remote control learning keeps your setup simple with one remote control: the one you already use for your TV;
- Dual bass port design allows users to experience home theater sound from an incredibly compact device.
- The Boost TV includes a 2 X 50mm transducer, 60Hz – 20kHz frequency response, and a 30W rated power.
Pricing and Availability
JBL Boost TV will be available November 30, 2015 for $199.95. Pre-orders are being accepted now.