Jaybird today released Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Buds, its fifth-generation of Freedom. These $200 in-ear sport earphones combine sophisticated style, improved sound and increased comfort into an even smaller package. Also, with the MySound app, you can customize and save your own personal sound to Freedom from your favorite music service or the Bluetooth-enabled music device you use.
“These micro-sized tapered buds deliver our best-ever sound while featuring a reduced size that fits all ears, all in a low-profile fit that resonates with everyone. The over-ear fit and elegant metal accents of Freedom bring a fashionable element while also being more rugged than ever, offering the freedom to bring your music anywhere, from mountain to motorcycle, thanks to the buds’ helmet friendly breakthrough form,” said Judd Armstrong, founder and CEO of Jaybird.
With Jaybird Freedom, you get micro-sized sand blasted metal accented housing in a fashionable, small package. Traditionally, in-ear Bluetooth buds use plastic materials to assist with signal performance, but Jaybird has overcome these challenges by moving all electronics to its miniaturized three button controller while still delivering an incredible eight hours of play time (four hours play time with an additional four hours through the listen-while-you-charge charging clip). If you need a battery boost, clip the lightweight charger on while driving to the gym or during your workout and get an extra hour of playtime in just 20 minutes.
- Is the smallest, most secure-fit buds to date, reducing speaker diameter by 20 percent, while never compromising on sound
- Allows for the ultimate hands-free experience, with the freedom to listen to music, talk on the phone, take voice cues and charge your headphones, wirelessly
- Delivers an 8-hour play time via the listen-while-you-charge charging clip, with a wireless range of 50-feet
- Packs premium features into a sweat-proof, metal housing micro-sized package
- Plus, through the MySound app, you can customize and save your own personal sound from your favorite music service or Bluetooth enabled music device
Price and Availability
Jaybird Freedom is available today exclusively from Best Buy stores, BestBuy.com and jaybirdsport.com for $199.95. Freedom rolls out to additional retailers over the summer. The buds come in four fresh colors: Gold, Carbon (Black), Blaze (Red) and Ocean (Blue).