Ironcad is releasing Ironcad Version 11.0, the latest incarnation of the company’s award-winning 3D design software. By combining history-based parametrics and direct geometry manipulation into a single modelling environment, along with the customer-driven requests, Ironcad Version 11.0 is said to give designers and engineers greater design freedom and flexibility to get products to market faster with better quality.
Ironcad Version 11.0 and its accompanying bonus Gold Partner CD are available for immediate delivery. Shipments to existing customers will begin at the beginning of January 2009. An evaluation copy of the latest product version is available for download from the Ironcad website. All new customers buying Ironcad today will automatically receive Version 11.0.
Dr Tao-Yang Han, president of Ironcad, says: “Ironcad Version 11 is a significant step forward for the product, not only allowing users to operate on newer 64-bit and Vista platforms, but also delivering numerous features that have been requested by our user base and market to make our product more productive. We have worked closely with our customers to find ways to simplify and streamline their design processes while strengthening our product to meet the needs of our market, and this release is a direct result of these efforts.”
Many customer-driven feature enhancements have been implemented in this latest version including these key items:
* Assembly performance improvements with load, save, and memory usage.
* Support for 32-bit and 64-bit on both Windows XP and Vista.
* User-interface enhancements for improved productivity.
* Zoom to Selection for quick viewing and centring of selected objects.
* Find in Scene browser for quick location of selected data.
* Search Browser for advance find capabilities within scene files.
* Many 2D sketch improvements in user-interface and capabilities.
* 3D positioning improvements with the Triball positioning tool.
* Advanced rendering catalogues to enhance realistic renderings.
* Updated import/export formats including Catia V5, UG and Pro-E
* New partner programs: Algor Designcheck Professional, Print3D and Softeacher