Converts Video, Music Files for DivX Media Devices, iPods, SONY PSP, Memory Sticks and 3G Cell Phones in 3 Easy Steps
FREMONT, Calif. – InterVideo Inc. (NASDAQ:IVII) announced today InterVideo DVD Copy 4 Platinum H.264 Edition, a new version of its award-winning, three-step copy software for creating identical duplicates of unencrypted(1) video, music, photo and data files. New with the H.264 edition is an increased emphasis on enabling users to convert existing video content to new resolutions and aspect ratios that provide more playback options on handheld and set top platforms. In addition to including full support for DivX 6 digital video technology and the advanced interactive features of the DivX Media Format, InterVideo has enhanced DVD Copy 4 with advanced H.264 file output for high-quality playback on an Apple iPod and Sony PSP. It also includes 3GPP/3GPP2 support for output of video files for SD or TransFlash cards on 3G mobile phones.
InterVideo adds these new capabilities while maintaining the features that have made DVD Copy so popular, including the ability to backup movies and video clips, copy from virtually any source (including the Internet), and merge titles from several different DVDs/VCDs onto a single disc. Consistently rated one of the easiest and most comprehensive copy and DVD burning applications, DVD Copy offers all of the video duplication, conversion and reproduction tools users need with a single solution.
“With the H.264 Edition of DVD Copy 4 Platinum, InterVideo has solved the problem of getting video onto handsets, gaming devices and the millions of DivX Certified DVD players that have emerged,” said Steve Ro, president and CEO of InterVideo. Now consumers can enjoy their personal videos, music and photos without sacrificing quality.”
To deliver video in the leading mobile formats without noticeably affecting viewing quality, DVD Copy 4 Platinum H.264 Edition includes:
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Support — Movie enthusiasts can now copy their favorite video clips to Sony memory sticks and playback in the popular Sony PSP video console at the highest quality. In addition, users can also save their video clips with H.264 output for iPods so they can also take their movies on the go. With the new H.264 file output support, users can now save more disc space compared to half the original file size of MPEG-2. This advanced format will also apply to HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs.
- DivX 6 and the DivX Media Format — DVD Copy 4 users can now create DivX media files with all the advanced features of the DivX Media Format including interactive menus, multiple subtitles and alternate audio tracks for a complete DVD-like home entertainment experience.
- MPEG-4 Support — With MPEG-4 support, DVD Copy 4 customers are no longer limited to the pre-formatted videos for the new iPod. Now they can expand their video viewing options by converting their existing content to the new iPod’s native format.
- 3GPP/3GPP2 Support — With support for the new standard for digital video media across 3G broadband mobile networks such as Verizon VCast and Cingular Broadband Connect, DVD Copy 4 can now be used to convert movies, save them on your phone’s external memory card, and play them anytime you want on the phone’s built-in player.
- Virtual Drive and Disctool Support — Users can now mount DVD images on their HDD, which can be especially good for long road trips to watch their movies. Disc Tool allows users to copy audio CDs, data discs, and copy image files onto discs.
By combining these features with DVD Copy 4’s support for Internet Copy and Burn DVD-Video to Disc Image features, consumers have even more video playback options. They can download unencrypted videos from the Internet and either burn them direct to disc or copy it as a disc image and then save it to their PC for converting to one of the mobile-friendly formats.
Compatible with the widest range of CD/DVD burners, DVD Copy 4 also supports DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, CD-R/RW, DVD-RAM and the new DVD+/-R DL technology which allows consumers to record up to 4 hours of DVD-quality video or 16 hours of VHS-quality video on a single side of a DVD+/-R DL disc.
While the simple, 3-step copy and burning process will appeal to beginners, more experienced users will enjoy DVD Copy 4’s advanced customization capabilities that enable them to personalize their DVD/VCD content to suit their individual viewing habits and available space. With these capabilities, they can remove unwanted subtitles, languages, titles and chapters. In addition, DVD Copy 4 supports copying and transcoding a DVD +VR or a DVD- VR format video from DVD recorders to the DVD Video format for broader playback capabilities. Emerging formats such as downloaded “VodCasts” will also be easy to customize and convert from MPEG4 to DVD Video discs.
InterVideo DVD Copy 4 Platinum H.264 Edition is available at InterVideo’s web site, http://www.intervideo.com, through Japan retail outlets and scheduled to release in US Retail stores in February 2006. Compatible with Windows 2000 and XP systems, the suggested list price is $79.95 USD. InterVideo also offers a Gold version of DVD Copy 4 for a suggested list price of $49.95 USD. Upgrades for current licensed DVD Copy 4 users will be available on the InterVideo web site.
About InterVideo, Inc.
InterVideo is a leading provider of DVD software. InterVideo has developed a technology platform from which it has created a broad suite of integrated multimedia software products that allow users to capture, edit, author, burn, distribute, and play digital video. InterVideo’s software is bundled with products sold by the majority of the top ten PC OEMs ranked in terms of sales by IDC. The company is headquartered in Fremont, CA with regional offices in Europe, Taiwan, China and Japan. For more information, contact InterVideo at 510-651-0888 or visit the company’s Web site at http://www.intervideo.com.
InterVideo is a registered trademark and InterVideo DVD Copy 4 is a trademark of InterVideo, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
(1)Editors Note: InterVideo DVD Copy does not bypass copy protection. DVDs containing CSS-encryption cannot be copied.Where to Buy