Features Integrated Skype Mobile with Video Calling and DLNA Wireless Media Connectivity
Verizon Wireless and HTC announced the HTC ThunderBolt 4G LTE Android smartphone. Taking advantage of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network and the intuitiveness of the HTC Sense user experience, HTC ThunderBolt is one of the first smartphones to integrate Skype mobile with video calling. Rather than relying on a standalone application, a Skype mobile with video call can be made as easily as a standard voice call — with features like presence icons that indicate the availability status of friends built into the standard contacts list. A front-facing camera enables simple video calling, and the 4.3 inch display brings friends and family into clear focus.
HTC ThunderBolt features exceptional speed and power with the newest generation of the blazing-fast 1GHz Snapdragon processor. Verizon Wireless customers will also enjoy the premium HTC Sense user experience, running on the Android 2.2 platform. Creating and consuming mobile multimedia content is made possible with a stunning 4.3″ WVGA display, Dolby surround sound, 8 megapixel camera and HD video recording. With wireless DLNA capability, the HTC ThunderBolt can be easily stream and share content directly with compatible home theater components, including HDTV's and stereo receivers that feature built-in DLNA support.
- 4G LTE– customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- 4.3″ WVGA display
- Mobile Hotspot capability — share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices
- Android 2.2 platform
- 32 GB microSD card included
- HTC Sense 2.0 with new features including Fast Boot
- Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
- Dolby and SRS surround sound
- Fully integrated Skype mobile experience
- 720p HD video recording
- DLNA streaming multimedia support