Sprint introduced the world phone capable HTC EVO Design 4G smartphone offering a large touchscreen display and slim, pocket-friendly aluminum unibody design at a more affordable price.
As the fifth phone in the EVO family, the HTC EVO Design 4G combines the acclaimed HTC Sense experience with a stylish and robust feature set to make the 4G experience more accessible than ever. HTC Sense lets you do more in fewer steps with a logical and friendly experience that brings everything you care about right to the surface. Its snappy 1.2GHz processor combined with Sprint's 4G speeds will help you make things happen.
HTC EVO Design 4G has a 5-megapixel camera with HD video (720p) recording. A 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera offers video chat capabilities and can help snap perfect profile pics. With built-in Mobile Hotspot functionality, HTC EVO Design 4G also allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices, including a laptop, camera, music player or video player, to enjoy the benefits of 3G or 4G speeds on the go.
- Android 2.3, Gingerbread
- HTC Sense — Award-winning user experience taking social networking, navigation and customization to new levels
- Aluminum unibody design gives HTC EVO Design 4G a slim, streamlined profile –guaranteed to get attention and is nicely compact in your hand, pocket or bag
- 1.2GHz processor
- 4-inch qHD capacitive touchscreen display
- Dual cameras: 5MP rear-facing camera/camcorder with flash and HD video recording and 1.3MP front-facing camera for video chat
- World Phone capabilities to make and receive calls and texts, and to access email and news from locations around the globe
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G network
- Wi-Fi b/g/n capable
Price and Availability
The HTC EVO Design 4G goes on sale October 23, 2011 for $99.99 (excluding taxes) with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade and after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card.