Fujitsu just announced four high performance workgroup scanning solutions designed for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), priced from $1200 to $2500. The new Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 workgroup scanners offer new paper protection and image processing capabilities and the fastest speeds in their class. These new models replace the fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z scanners.
Delivering 80 ppm / 160 ipm at 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome) the new Fujitsu fi-7180 and fi-7280 (flatbed model) scanners double the scanning speeds of their predecessors and come equipped with USB 3.0 connectivity and two-dimensional barcode recognition providing uncompromised speed and performance. The Fujitsu fi-7160 and fi-7260 (flatbed model) also fast scanning speeds of 60 ppm / 120 ipm at 300 dpi and include an expanded 80-page automatic document feeder (ADF). The new scanner line also incorporates unique intelligent document imaging features and time-saving tools to increase scanning efficiency and reliability.
The new scanners also include new advanced image processing and capture applications, including PaperStream IP (PSIP) and PaperStream Capture (PSC), providing users with the most powerful, efficient and easy-to-use image enhancement solutions to get organizations up and scanning quickly and easily.
- Innovative Acoustic Paper Protection: A first for Fujitsu scanners, acoustic sensors can detect a paper feeding error by monitoring the sound of a document as it passes through the scanner. If any irregularity is detected during a page feed like a stapled batch, the acoustic sensors will automatically stop the scan, helping to protect the original scanned documents.
- “Skew Reducer” Function: For improved paper-feeding and image processing, the scanners’ “skew reducer” functionality detects the alignment of your scanned documents and physically corrects paper skews so mixed batches of various paper sizes can be scanned reliably.
- Advanced Hard Card and Non-Traditional Document Support: The new models are capable of digitizing a variety of document types such as large paper sizes (up to A3 and 18.3 feet in length) and ultra thin documents (as low as 0.033mm). The scanners are also equipped with enhanced embossed card scanning capability, such as plastic ID cards and insurance cards (up to 1.4mm thick), and allow feeding of up to three hard cards in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- Advanced Controls: The adjustable, easy to read interactive LCD panel provides the ultimate control to customize and access advanced scanning features such as paper protection, pick speeds, vertical streak reduction, iMFF settings, pre-pick, and power savings, allowing users to get more out of their scanner, faster than ever before.
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF provides the ability to automatically bypass documents containing sticky notes, taped receipts, and labels while still protecting against lost images. In manual mode, mixed batches that include envelopes can be scanned with easy user interaction to maintain data integration and high scanner throughput.
- Improved Start-Up Time and a Green Design: The power-on time has been reduced significantly to less than 4 seconds and the new ultra-bright LED lamp technology incorporated into the workgroup scanner line helps significantly decrease its power consumption. The improved start-up time makes it ideal when small batches of documents need to be scanned at frequent intervals throughout the day, while also keeping demands on energy as low as possible.
- High Quality Imaging Processing with PaperStream IP: Designed for the Fujitsu fi-series scanner line, PaperStream IP provides users with a powerful, intelligent image correction solution allowing documents to be automatically and easily converted into exceptionally clean images, accelerating OCR (optical character recognition) and nearly eliminating driver adjustments.
- Advanced Scanning Made Easy with PaperStream Capture: PaperStream Capture gives users the ability to complete advanced scanning processes quicker and easier than ever before. Developed to expand the capabilities of ScandAll PRO, PaperStream Capture is equipped with a streamlined user interface to reduce training time and increase productivity when adjusting scanner settings and performing batch scans. PSC also seamlessly integrates with PaperStream IP’s assisted scanning for visual cleanup of documents. The reading of barcodes and patch codes make batch separation easy, improving document organization.
- Scanner Central Admin: The centralized administration functionality dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners in an organization. This feature allows users to monitor scanner running status, update scanner drivers, check consumable status, and more, all over a network, from one location.
Pricing and Availability
- Fujitsu fi-7160: $1,195
- Fujitsu fi-7180: $1,995
- Fujitsu fi-7260: $1,995
- Fujitsu fi-7280: $2,495