Portable ScanSnap S300M Offers Mac Users a Powerful Anytime, Anywhere Mobile Scanning
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., a market leader in document imaging scanners and services, today announced the general availability of the Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M mobile scanning solution. The ScanSnap S300M is the world’s smallest color, duplex ADF (automatic document feeder) scanner for Mac users. Serving the needs of small and home offices, mobile business people and consumers alike, the ScanSnap S300M provides the Mac community with a new and valuable mobile productivity tool. As an added benefit, the ScanSnap S300M can also function as a compact desktop scanning solution.
The ScanSnap S300M supports Mac OS X Leopard and offers the fastest “one-touch” conversion of paper documents into PDF (portable document format) files available in the mobile scanning industry. The ScanSnap S300M can operate from USB connectivity, or from an AC power supply when an outlet is available, thus enabling anytime, anywhere scanning of paper documents, receipts, bills, invoices and business cards. The mobile ScanSnap S300M also features an extremely compact footprint for easy storage and travel, measuring a mere 11.2″ x 3.7″ x 3.0″ and weighing less than 3.1 lbs. To begin digitizing paper assets, users simply load a stack of up to 10 documents into the ADF and press the “SCAN” button to produce PDF files at speeds of up to 8 double-sided pages per minute (ppm). Additionally, the ScanSnap S300M comes bundled with powerful scanning software including Cardiris for business card scanning, ScanSnap Manager for easy setting adjustments and ScanSnap Quick Menu for ultimate control of scanned documents.
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M mobile scanning solution’s innovative features help users go paperless, store valuable paper documents, or simply get rid of clutter. These features include:
- Fast Scanning Speeds – At 8 ppm (simplex) and 16 ipm (duplex), the ScanSnap S300M scanner provides excellent color batch scanning performance.
- Advanced QuickMenu – With QuickMenu, users have enhanced control over the destination of their content. Users can scan directly to email (Apple Email/Entourage), Mac preview, iPhoto, or Folder. They can also scan directly to a .Mac account, so users are able to safely store scanned files off of their hard drives, and access them from anywhere they have an internet connection.
- Business Card Scanning – Cardiris 3.6 for ScanSnap transforms business cards into editable information that can be exported to other contact managers such as Address Book, Apple Works, Entourage, and Now Contact.
- Double-Sided Color Scanning – Captures both sides of a document in a single pass.
- Automatic Color Detection – Capability to sense whether a page has color content and automatically adjusts settings to optimize image clarity and file size.
- Automatic Blank-Page Detection and Deletion – Capability to detect if a page is blank and eliminate it from the scan results if the user so desires.
- Automatic Page Orientation – Allows the user to set the scanner to detect for automatic page orientation for proper viewing.
- Automatic Image Deskew – Intelligently corrects skewed images when pages are misaligned.
- Automatic Paper-Size Detection – Identifies the document’s page size and crops the edges accordingly. The ScanSnap S300M senses up to 9 different paper sizes from 2 x 2 inches to legal length.
Pricing & Availability
For more information on the portable Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M, please visit the S300M product page located at www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/s300m.html. The Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M scanner is available for $295 (U.S. list) through the Fujitsu online store located at http://www.buyfcpa.com, via mail order catalogs, and via Fujitsu authorized resellers .
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. The Advance Exchange offering is available as an upgrade to the standard limited warranty covering 12 months from the date of purchase.
For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.Where to Buy