FUJIFILM announced the XF1, which features a large 2/3-inch 12-megapixel EXR CMOS sensor, a newly-developed, high-definition FUJINON 25mm wide angle F1.8 lens (25mm-100mm) with 4x manual zoom lens that consists of 7 glass lens elements in 6 groups, including 4 aspherical glass lens elements and 3 extra-low dispersion lens elements. The FUJINON lens has a new HT-EBC (High-Transmittance EBC) coating on all lens surfaces that dramatically reduces flare for crystal clear images, as well as optical image stabilization to eliminate camera shake without compromising resolution around the edges of the image.
The XF1 also incorporates Optical Image Stabilization, which shifts one group of four elements to minimize camera shake without compromising resolution around the edges of the image, a common problem with conventional stabilization systems. With this extraordinary lens, the XF1 can shoot in low light without boosting sensitivity, keeping noise to a minimum, by using high shutter speeds to prevent camera shake and stop subject motion – all without the need for flash.
The XF1 is also capable of Macro photography at ranges as close as 3 cm, and can capture images with a beautiful “Bokeh” depth of field effect (for crisp subjects set against out-of-focus backgrounds) by taking advantage of the XF1’s fast lens and six diaphragm blades.
Fast AF in dark scenes with EXR processor
With its EXR CMOS sensor and EXR processor, the FUJIFILM XF1 offers fast Auto Focus no matter what you are shooting, even in dark settings. The speedy read time of the CMOS sensor, coupled with the high-speed EXR processor, accelerates all operations; quick response, start-up in just 0.55 seconds, focus acquisition in as little as 0.16 seconds, and a minimum shot-to-shot time of just 0.8 seconds. Additionally, the EXR processor offers high-speed processing for hassle-free HD movie recording and burst-mode photography.
Manual feel with all-new GUI
The FUJIFILM XF1 has an all new on-screen menu dial that allows users to gain full control of the camera’s extensive manual shooting controls. The on-screen menu dial is fully customizable, and allows for quick setting adjustments and selections. The programmable E-Fn button can be assigned up to six functions, allowing for smooth manual control via the bright, 3.0-inch (460k dot premium clear) LCD monitor. The XF1 also features a programmable function button for fast one-click setting access.
Newly developed hardware design
The FUJIFILM XF1’s new hardware design introduces a fresh way to carry, turn on and use the travel-ready digital camera. There are three modes for users to choose from when using the XF1:
- “Travel Mode” for a compact fit with the lens retracted and camera fully powered down
- “Standby Mode” with lens extended but in power saving mode for quick startups
- “Shooting Mode” for when you are actively photographing
Getting started is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3. From “Travel Mode,” turn the zoom ring to either move into “Standby Mode, or bypass and move directly into “Shooting mode.” And beyond just powering the camera, the manual zoom lens provides a very fast and precise 4x optical zoom range plus 2x intelligent digital zoom for a total of 8x zoom.
[youtube id=”Oaii-VeiFGg” width=”610″ height=”373″]
[youtube id=”nfw-bfOZQJ0″ width=”610″ height=”373″]
[youtube id=”AdQ9JCrU9Yo” width=”610″ height=”373″]
- Pocketable, premium, camera available in 3 stunning colors (Black, Tan, Red)
- 12 MP 2/3” EXR-CMOS sensor with EXR-Auto
- Fast processing and response times
- Manual 4x FUJINON optical zoom (25-100mm equivalent to 35mm on a 35mm camera) and up to a total 8x zoom using the Intelligent Digital Zoom
- F1.8 (wide) – F4.9 (telephoto)
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Full manual controls
- A bright, sharp, 3.0-inch/460K dot premium clear LCD monitor
- ISO 100 – 12,800 (ISO 4000,5000, 6400 M Mode or Smaller, ISO 12,800 S Mode)
- Macro shooting to 3cm
- Motion Panorama 360 for seamless panoramic shots in a snap
- Artistic effects including 6 “Advanced filters” with 11 patterns and 5 “Film simulation modes” for additional creative expression, plus an individual shutter 3D shooting option to create a 3D effect from 2 x 2D shots
- In-camera RAW converter
- Full HD movie recording with the ability to zoom and to take photographs during movie recording. Now also with Automatic Scene Recognition for even better results when videoing
- A range of retro style coordinating cases will be available to complement the XF1
- Approximately 300 shots per battery charge
Pricing and Availability
The FUJIFILM XF1 will be available in October 2012 for $499.95 in a dimpled synthetic black leather, a smooth synthetic tan leather or an elegant synthetic red leather.