FujiFilm announced the FinePix XP60, a Waterproof to 20ft (6M), Shockproof to 5ft (1.5M), Freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C) and Dustproof digital camera offering an improved 16-megapixel CMOS sensor and a reinforced 5x FUJINON lens. The XP60 also has a newly redesigned battery door lock with double seals for enhanced protection so that users are certain to get their most adventurous shots, all with an attractive camera body that is easy to use for the whole family.
Superior image quality
The FinePix XP60 uses an improved 1/2.3-inch 16MP CMOS sensor with CMOS Shift Image Stabilization to capture images that are sharp and clear, even in challenging low-light conditions. It also incorporates an internal 5x optical FUJINON zoom lens (28-140mm*2) that allows users to get close to the action, even under water. And with its Intelligent Digital Zoom, the XP60 can double its zoom range to 10x while still offering optimum image quality.
High Speed for Real Life
The FinePix XP60 has all the speed users need to capture their fast action including two high speed shooting modes, 10fps continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 10 frames) and an ultra-high speed continuous shooting at up to 60fps (max 70 frames in 16:9, S size only). The XP60 has a dedicated “Burst Mode Button” placed on the top of the camera that lets users switch to this mode instantly without having to fumble through menu options to activate, so you can capture even the fastest action.
Full HD Movies Made Easy
The FinePix XP60 allows users to shoot amazing action-packed HD videos delivering full HD 1080i (60fps) movie capture as well as a high speed movie recording at up to 240fps. The XP60 also features advanced in-camera movie editing including, “movie editing” and “movie join” to seamlessly pull together multiple video clips into a single movie.
Seeing is Believing
The XP60 has bright and vibrant 2.7” LCD monitor which has an anti-reflective coating that makes viewing images and data on the camera easy and crystal clear, even in bright sunlight. The screen features an automatic brightness adjustment feature which can be optimized to monitor brightness to account for ambient lighting, which saves battery power without sacrificing clarity.
The XP60 features a new Advanced Filter option that lets users enjoy a variety of photographic expressions. The XP60 artistic effects include:
- Pop Color – great for boosting contrast and saturation
- Toy Camera – adds vignetting for a 70’s retro look
- Miniature – blurred top and bottom sections for a tilt-and-shift effect
- Partial Color – selects one color and takes the rest of the shot in black and white (choose from red, purple, yellow, green, blue and orange)
- Soft Focus – create a soft focus effect
- High Key – increases overall brightness and reduces contrast
- Cross Screen – adds starbursts around bright objects
FinePix XP60 key features:
- Waterproof to 20ft/6m
- Shockproof to 5ft/1.5m
- Freezeproof to 14°F/-10ºC
- 1/2.3-inch 16MP CMOS sensor
- 5x optical zoom (10x total using Intelligent Digital zoom)
- CMOS-shift image stabilization
- 2.7-inch LCD screen with anti-reflective coating
- Full HD movie recording and a dedicated “Movie Recording Button”
- 10fps continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 10 frames) with dedicated “Burst Mode Button”
- High speed multi-frame processing – record two shots or more at different exposures and then combine them to achieve High Dynamic Range (HDR) shots with natural contrast that preserves details in the highlights and shadows.
- Motion Panorama 360 – create a 360º panoramic shot by selecting the mode, pressing the shutter button and spinning around in a circle.
- Individual Shutter 3D – create fun images with a 3D effect by combining two shots taken from slightly different angles.
Pricing and Availability
The FinePix XP60 will be available in March 2013 for $199.95, and will be available in yellow, blue, red and green.