FujiFilm announced the 16-megapixel FinePix T550 ultra-compact camera with a FUJINON 12x zoom lens (24-288mm), Optical Image Stabilization, Advanced Filter function, and bright 3-inch LCD screen.
Slim Camera with 12x FUJINON Lens and Optical Image Stabilization
Despite being ultra-compact (18.6mm), the T550 camera offers impressively wide subject coverage with its 12x FUJINON optical zoom lens, from 24mm (wide) to 288mm (telephoto), resulting in an expanded range of shooting situations. Fujifilm‘s proprietary high resolution technology ensures stunning, clear results at 24x Intelligent Digital Zoom. To help with reducing camera shake and blurring images – especially at maximum zoom lengths – the T550 camera employ Optical Image Stabilization to capture as crisp a photo as possible. This means, the camera can be used without the need of a tripod or other support. With OIS, you can capture sharp, colorful scenes even in low-light situations.
HD Capture with Fast Start Up
With a 16MP CCD sensor, the T550 camera can produce high-quality, low-noise images, even at sensitivities of up to ISO 3200. Stunning movies can be recorded at 720p, and still images with aspect ratios of 16:9 can also be achieved simultaneously. Movie recording can be started in an instant, thanks to the dedicated “Movie Recording Button,” and for the creative type of user, the camera also includes a number of advanced movie-editing features. In addition, the T550’s autofocus times are 20% faster than the previous model, the FinePix T400’s, so your camera is always ready when you are.
Easy on the Eyes
Viewing images on the T550 is a pleasure with the smooth, easy-to-read vector fonts and the new high-resolution 3.0”/460K-dot LCD screen. Additionally, an Instant Zoom feature, which shows your composition area as well as the area outside your frame, and large buttons in a simple layout, help users concentrate on composing, without ever losing sight of the big picture. Another exciting change in this year’s T-Series is that the battery now does not have to be removed for charging, as it can be connected via a USB cable to the power source.
The T550 also features a new Advanced Filter option that lets users enjoy a variety of photographic expressions. Choose from 6 creative patterns, including:
- Pop Color – great for boosting contrast and saturation
- Toy Camera – addsvignetting for a 70’s retro look
- Miniature – blurred top and bottom sections for a tilt-and-shift effect
- Partial Color –selects one color and takes the rest of the shot in black and white. (choose from red, purple, yellow, green, blue and orange)
- Soft Focus – create a soft focus effect
- Cross Screen –adds starbursts around bright objects
FinePix T550 key features:
- 12x FUJINON optical zoom (24mm-288mm) with Optical Image Stabilization
- 16MP CCD sensor
- 24mm* wide-angle
- 3.0” LCD screen Advanced Filter
- Individual shutter 3D
- Motion Panorama
- Easy to use GUI with large buttons
- 720p HD movie recording with dedicated “Movie Recording Button”
- Advanced video editing features
- Super slim and pocket-friendly (just 18.6mm)
- Battery charging via USB cable
Price and Availability
The FinePix T550 will be available March 2013 for $159.95 in black, white and red.