FujiFilm announced the FinePix SL1000 bridge camera that features a 16-megapixel 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensor, a powerful processor and a bright FUJINON 50x long zoom lens with optical image stabilization, fast autofocus and response times for extraordinary flexibility and performance.
Extreme Long Zoom with Powerful Optical Image Stabilization
The FinePix SL1000 uses a newly-developed 50x optical FUJINON zoom lens (24-1200mm) with a fast aperture of F2.9-5.6 and a powerful new Optical Image Stabilization that reduces the effect of blurring at longer zoom lengths. And what’s more, the zoom doesn’t stop at a 1200mm — with Intelligent Digital Zoom – the focal length is effectively doubled to 2400mm or an incredible 100x with absolutely stunning results.
The SL1000’s FUJINON lens has 17 elements in 12 groups, and the lens combines aspherical and ED elements for reduced aberration and superior image quality. FUJINON’s unique Super EBC coating technology is employed to reduce ghosting and flare for sharp results in challenging low light shooting situations, and is capable of super macro photography as close as 0.39” for maximum flexibility.
Fast Autofocus and High Speed Response Times
The FinePix SL1000 uses a 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor with the ability to shoot at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800, ensuring that users can capture high quality images even in low light conditions. The SL1000 also achieves autofocus speeds as fast as 0.2 seconds, a startup time of 0.9 seconds, and continuous shooting mode at 10fps at full resolution (max 9 frames) for quick action and a better overall shooting experience.
Full HD movie 1080i/60fps with stereo sound
Using its 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor, the SL1000 is capable of 1080i full HD movie capture at 60 fps with stereo sound. Users can activate movie mode with the dedicated movie button on the back of the camera, and also take advantage of a number of advanced movie-editing features, including “movie trimming” to cut unwanted footage from movies, and “movie join” to join multiple separate clips into a single movie.
Bright, Easy to Use Tilting LCD Screen
The FinePix SL1000 has a highly detailed (920k-dot) electronic viewfinder (EVF) that is perfect for helping frame shots in bright sunshine, and with its eye sensor, the SL1000 is able to switch automatically between the EVF and the 3.0″ tilting LCD (920k-dot) screen.
Second Zoom Control
In addition to the standard zoom toggle controls on the top of the camera, a second zoom lever is placed on the side of the lens barrel, allowing you to adjust your zoom range with your left hand while your right index finger rests on the shutter button, ready to take the shot. Choose from three zoom speeds or use “auto return zoom” for long zoom photography. The mode dial makes choosing a shooting mode easy – P, S, A, and M modes can be selected at the twist of a dial for sophisticated photographic techniques using manual exposure control.
Artistic shooting effects
The FinePix SL1000 uses advanced in-camera filters that bring creative photography to life. The SL1000 artistic effects include:
- Pop Color – Emphasizes contrast and color saturation
- Toy Camera – Create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera
- Miniature – Adds top and bottom blur for a diorama or miniature effect
- Partial Color – Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white
- High Key – Enhance brightness and reduce contrast to lighten tonal reproduction
- Cross screen – creates starbursts around bright objects
- Soft Focus – creates a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image
FinePix SL1000 Key features:
- 50x optical zoom (F2.9-6.5,24-1200mm) with Optical Image Stabilization (Lens shift),
- Intelligent Digital Zoom effectively doubles the focal length to 100x (2400mm)
- 16MP 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensor
- Autofocus speed of 0.2seconds in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting up to 10fps at full resolution (max 9 frames)
- Start-up time of 0.9 seconds
- Full HD movie 1080i/60fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- Bright 3.0” Tilting LCD screen (920K-dot)
- Electronic Viewfinder (920K-dot) with eye sensor
- Super Macro to 0.39”
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- RAW shooting (RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG)
- Hotshoe attachment for the use of external flash
- Function (Fn) button which can be assigned to frequently used features
- Advanced Filters, Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- Dual Zoom Control
- Lithium Ion battery with 350 shots per charge
Pricing and Availability
The FinePix SL1000 will be available March 2013 for $399.95.