FujiFilm announced the affordable, FinePix JX680, a slim digital camera with a FUJINON 5x optical zoom lens (26-130mm) that is thin enough to fit in your jeans or purse to take wherever you go. Despite being a budget, entry-level camera the JX680 includes Digital Image Stabilization to help eliminate blurry images, and an Advanced Filter function for added creative expression. Additionally, its 16MP CCD sensor ensures that the highest image quality is captured every time and can be easily viewed on its bright 3.0” LCD screen.
Despite being ultra-compact (20mm), the FinePix JX680 camera offers a wide subject coverage with its 5x FUJINON optical zoom lens, from 26mm (wide) to 130mm (telephoto), resulting in an expanded range of shooting situations. To help with eliminating blurry images – especially at maximum zoom lengths – the JX680 camera employs Digital Image Stabilization to capture as crisp a photo as possible.
With a 16-megapixel CCD sensor, the FinePix JX680 camera can produce high-quality, low-noise images, even at sensitivities of up to ISO 3200 (in S mode). Stunning movies can be recorded at 720p, and still images with aspect ratios of 16:9 can also be achieved simultaneously. Movie recording can be started in an instant, thanks to the dedicated “Movie Recording Button,” and for the creative type of user, the camera also includes a number of advanced movie-editing features.
Viewing images on the FinePix JX680 is a pleasure with the smooth, easy-to-read vector fonts and the new high-resolution 3.0”/230K-dot LCD screen. Additionally, an Instant Zoom feature, which shows your composition area as well as the area outside your frame, and large buttons in a simple layout, help users concentrate on composing, without ever losing sight of the big picture. Another exciting change in this year’s FinePix JX680 is that the battery now does not have to be removed for charging, as it can be connected via a USB cable to the power source.
The FinePix JX680 also features new Advanced Filter options that let users enjoy a variety of photographic expressions. Choose from 6 creative patterns, including:
- Pop Color – great for boosting contrast and saturation
- Toy Camera – adds vignetting for a 70’s retro look
- Miniature – blurred top and bottom sections for a tilt-and-shift effect
- Partial Color – selects one color and takes the rest of the shot in black and white. (choose from red, purple, yellow, green, blue and orange)
- Soft Focus – create a soft focus effect
- Cross Screen – adds starbursts around bright objects
[youtube id=”RlFEG5WOX5o” width=”610″ height=”373″]
FinePix JX680 key features:
- 5x FUJINON optical zoom (26-130mm*) with Digital Image Stabilization
- 16MP CCD sensor
- 26mm wide-angle
- 3.0” LCD screen
- Creative Advanced Filters
- Individual shutter 3D
- Motion Panorama
- Easy to use GUI with large buttons
- 720p HD movie recording with dedicated “Movie Recording Button”
- Advanced video editing features
- Super slim and pocket-friendly (just 20mm)
- Battery charging via USB cable
Price and Availability
The FujiFilm FinePix JX680 will be available March 2013 for $99.95 in black or red.