Programs from France’s Top Networks & Hit US Shows Now Available on iTunes
Apple announced that hit television programming from France’s top networks including TF1, France Televisions, Arte, Mediatoon’s Dargaud TV and Dupuis TV, along with hit US shows from The Walt Disney Company and MTV Networks is now available on the iTunes Store in France (www.itunes.fr). iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of primetime favorites including “La main blanche,” “Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant,” “Coeur Ocean,” “Spirou et Fantasio,” “Lucky Luke” and “Le dessous des cartes,” as well as Emmy Award-winning programs “Lost,” “Desperate Housewives,” “Ugly Betty” and “South Park.”
“iTunes is the number one digital music store in France and we’re off to a great start with TV shows,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “We’re thrilled to launch with over 25 programs and 450 episodes available on the iTunes Store in France.”
Television shows purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store can be viewed on a Mac or PC, iPod nano with video, iPod classic, iPod touch, fifth generation iPod, iPhone or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV. Television shows are priced at €1.49, €1.99 and €2.49 per episode. Television programming on the iTunes Store in France includes favorites such as:
- TF1’s VOD subsidiary TF1 Vision’s top shows: crime drama “La main blanche” and “Paris Enquetes Criminelles” as well as selections from cult French comedy performer Coluche;
- France Televisions’ drama “Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant” and family soap “Coeur Ocean;”
- Arte’s geopolitical series “Le dessous des cartes;”
- Dupuis TV’s kids animation “Spirou et Fantasio;”
- Dargaud TV’s kids animation “Les Nouvelles aventures de Lucky Luke;”
- Disney-ABC dramas “Lost” (seasons two-three), “Desperate Housewives” (seasons one-two) and “Ugly Betty” (season one); and
- MTV Networks hits including Comedy Central’s “South Park,” Nickelodeon’s “SpongeBob SquarePants” and MTV’s “Made” and “Pimp My Ride.”
Programming from the Disney Channel will be coming soon.
With Apple’s legendary ease of use, pioneering features such as integrated podcasting support, iMix playlist sharing, seamless integration with iPod and iPhone, and the ability to turn previously purchased songs into completed albums at a reduced price, the iTunes Store is the best way for Mac and PC users to legally discover, purchase and download music and video online.
Pricing & Availability
iTunes 7.6 for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Store and is available as a free download from (www.itunes.fr). Purchase and download of songs and videos from the iTunes Store requires a valid credit card from a financial institution in the country of purchase. Television shows are available in the US, UK, Canada, Germany and France, and video availability varies by country. Television shows are €1.49, €1.99 and €2.49 per episode in France. TV shows from the iTunes Store can be viewed on a Mac or PC, iPod nano with video, fifth generation iPod, iPod classic, iPod touch, iPhone or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV.