Combining Brightness and Ease of Use for Under $500
Epson America today introduced the PowerLite S9, a highly affordable projector that provides impressive image quality and easy-to-use features for classrooms and small-to-medium sized conference rooms. Priced at $499*, this new projector delivers SVGA resolution and 2,500 lumens color and white light output2 for bright presentations and vibrant color.
The PowerLite S9 includes many features that are typically not available in entry-level offerings, including USB Plug ‘n Play connectivity for Windows and Mac, a built-in closed captioning decoder, and enhanced connectivity with monitor out and audio out ports. In addition, weighing in at only 5.1 pounds, the PowerLite S9 is ideal for portable use or easy mounting in classrooms and conference rooms.
“Epson is committed to its customers and strives to offer projectors with a wide range of valuable features at the lowest price possible,” said Sara Kim, product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “At under $500, the PowerLite S9 delivers the most bang for the buck with high brightness and easy connectivity, making it ideal for use in a variety of environments.”
More about the PowerLite S9
This new projector provides many advanced features to benefit classrooms and conference rooms, including:
- USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images and presentations from a PC or Mac computer via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- Added Connectivity: Monitor out and audio out ports allow connectivity to external devices, including an external monitor to help the presenter stay focused during a presentation and external speakers to enhance the sound of presentations
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.35x digital zoom and +/- 30 degree vertical keystone correction for easy setup
- Easy Portability: Sleek, compact design and included carrying case offers easy portability and protection
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite S9 will be available in September 2010 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. The PowerLite S9 comes with a standard two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services — two-year Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in two business days.
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q1 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
2 Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.