Epson America announced the PowerLite® Pro Cinema 31000 and 61000 1080p 3LCD Reflective home theater projectors. Designed for custom installers and home theater aficionados, these projectors feature the world's first 3LCD Reflective technology, along with Epson's UltraBlack technology for exceptional picture quality and astounding contrast ratios. The Pro Cinema 31000 achieves a 500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while the Pro Cinema 61000 produces the world's first mega contrast ratio of up to 1,000,000:1.
With Epson's newly developed 3LCD Reflective technology, along with fully optimized high contrast ratios, these projectors deliver the deepest blacks and brightest whites. Epson created 3LCD Reflective technology based on its established transmissive HTPS technology to deliver advanced video quality with higher contrast ratios, richer colors, smoother gradation, and enhanced black levels. In addition, each model features a dual-layer auto iris, built-in IDT HQV Vida Video Processor and PW390 video scaler, and Epson's Super-resolution and FineFrame technologies to deliver state-of-the-art performance and image quality in each of their respective categories. This new series of home theater projectors also delivers a smaller footprint and center lens design, as well as powered zoom, focus and lens memory to ensure a range of installation options and flexibility.
Epson's flagship Pro Cinema 61000 offers a new ultra-fast, dual-layered auto-iris to control light reduction rates to reach up to 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. It also includes a host of value-added features, including ISF calibration, color isolation, new color modes and new networking features for installers to access an easy remote management system to minimize down time for consumers. Encased in an elegant black design with a copper lens ring and priced in the sub-$7,000 category, the Pro Cinema 61000 is designed for AV elitists looking for top-of-the-line home entertainment quality and performance.
The mid-level sub-$4,500 Pro Cinema 31000 offers 500,000:1 contrast ratio as well as the professional-level ISF Certification color tools featured in the Pro Cinema 61000. Available in black with a silver lens ring.
More About Epson's New 3LCD Reflective Home Theater Projector Line-up
The projectors share a range of high-quality, premium and powerful new features designed to enhance performance, image quality and total cost of ownership, including:
- Native 1080p (1920×1080) resolution with newly developed 3LCD Reflective technology
- Includes two anamorphic lens (squeeze and wide) modes to enable 2.35:1 viewing without external processor; lens position memory for 2.40:1 Cinemascope screen
- Delivers outstanding video image quality with Fujinon OptiCinema Multi-Lens Optics System (2.1 zoom ratio); projects clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen
- Cinema Filter feature delivers larger color space for improved color fidelity
- Features two HDMI 1.4 inputs with Deep Color support, HDMI CEC for control of connected devices
- Epson's exclusive 200W E-TORL® (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp provides optimum light uniformity and output for screen sizes larger than ten feet using less energy for up to 5,000 hours[v]
- Small footprint and center lens design, as well as powered zoom, focus and lens shift (40 percent horizontal and 90 percent vertical) ensure a range of installation options and flexibility
- Projects brightness up to 1,200 color and white light output[iv] for the optimal visual experience
- Offers five different color modes, including Dynamic, Living Room, Natural, Cinema, x.v.Color
- ISF Calibration for customizable settings, new color modes, pre-set color space selection, and color isolation for easy color adjustment without color filter glasses
- Spare lamp, ceiling mount, and cable cover included
Price and Availability
The Pro Cinema 31000 and 61000 will be available online and through authorized Epson projector dealers in December, each with a three-year limited warranty.