New Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 Delivers Unprecedented Combination of Video Technologies, Including Epson’s Revolutionary C2 Fine 3LCD Chips
Epson America is introducing a new flagship home theater projector that is uniquely engineered to maximize the benefits of 1080p, the industry’s highest definition video signal to date. Epson is currently the number one selling brand of front projectors worldwide(1) and the new Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 builds on that position using a seamless combination of projection technologies that produces an immersive big-screen experience like no other. These technologies include Epson’s new 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) native resolution C2 Fine 3LCD chips, OptiCinema optics, E-TORL lamp, 1080Perfect Video Processor, and Absolute Black technology. Priced at $4,999 (estimated street price), the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 will be available in January 2007 through CEDIA dealers.
“One of the primary reasons Epson is the number one projector company in the world is because Epson develops and manufactures virtually all of the major technologies that go into every one of its projectors,” said Aaron Marinari, senior product manager, Epson America. “And, because Epson knows how to integrate all of those elements into one cohesive system better than anyone else, the PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 will establish a new standard for 1080p projection.”
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 is ISF-certified, ensuring it meets the home theater industry’s highest standards for video fidelity and calibration. It also takes advantage of five core Epson technologies that are critical to projecting industry-leading image quality:
- Epson’s breakthrough C2 Fine 3LCD Technology is a three-chip high definition system that produces full-time color with dramatically higher contrast ratios.
- The AccuCinema Lens maintains superior picture integrity from corner to corner. Epson’s 1080Perfect Video Processing is optimized to reproduce images without noise and artifacts, while maintaining the full integrity of the signal.
- Epson Absolute Black Technology also helps to deliver dramatically high contrast ratios (up to 12,000:1) adding depth to images for the most captivating scenes possible.
- Epson is the only projector manufacturer that develops and uses its own lamp technology. Epson’s exclusive E-TORL Lamp is engineered to project light more efficiently, and to maximize brightness and uniformity across the entire screen.
About Epson 3LCD — “A Better Way to See”
Epson 3LCD technology uses three individual LCD chips to project images with smooth, rapid motion video that is free of artifacts. It works without a moving color wheel and offers accurate color registration, assuring detailed video and data images that are crisp and rainbow-free. Epson 3LCD produces the best possible viewing experience with more detail and accurate colors.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America, Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.
Note: Epson and Epson PowerLite are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson 1080Perfect is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these trademarks.
(1) Based upon Q3 2006 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Resources.