Epson just introduced the PowerLite 935W projector designed for large classrooms and naturally bright rooms. The PowerLite 935W delivers ultra-bright images with 3,700 lumens of color brightness and 3,700 lumens of white brightness and full connectivity and network capabilities. The projector also offers WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution to allow teachers to fully leverage widescreen notebooks or tablets and widescreen DVD content.
The PowerLite 935W features a 16-watt speaker and microphone input to help engage the entire classroom without costly external speakers or teacher voice strain. In addition, the projector delivers comprehensive connectivity – HDMI for high-quality audio and video with one cable and RJ-45 for presenting content over the network, broadcasting important messages and monitoring and controlling a networked projector remotely.
- Setup/Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for a larger range in projector placement and produces larger images from shorter throw distances; +/-30 degree automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings; Quick Corner moves any of the four corners of an image independently, to adjust for a perfectly rectangular picture
- Advanced Networking: Educators can remotely deliver video and audio presentations over the network with the included EasyMP Network Projection software; projectors can be used as a broadcast system to display announcements, event flyers, updates and instructions; wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module
- iProjection: Leveraging the Epson iProjection app, teachers can wirelessly present from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- Standby Audio Out: New feature allows teachers to save energy by transmitting audio to connected external speakers, even when the projector is in standby mode
- Easy Maintenance: Easy lamp and air filter access for quick and convenient replacements
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows PC or Mac via a standard USB cable; USB Type A port offers PC-free image slideshows and direct connection to the Epson DC-06 document camera
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant Off enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Virtual Remote: Allows teachers to use a virtual projector remote control on their computer via a web browser when connected to a network, eliminating the need to carry a physical remote control; performs basic functions such as power, source search, volume, AV mute, closed captioning, and page up/down
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the PowerLite 935W lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness
Pricing and Availability
The Epson PowerLite 935W projector (model V11H565020) will be available in February 2013 for $1,199.