Deliver Extended Lamp Life, Flexibility and Ease of Use for Today’s Classrooms
Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced four new projectors optimized for the classroom with new features that make them easy to use, inexpensive to operate, and extremely effective for both teachers and students. The new PowerLite 84, 85, 825, and 826W offer extended lamp life up to 6,000 hours2, a built-in closed captioning decoder, USB Plug ‘n Play technology, a powerful internal 10-watt speaker, network connectivity for remote presentations (via wired LAN), and optional wireless connectivity3. The new models are also the first to offer a dedicated microphone input, allowing teachers to amplify their voice using the internal speaker to ensure all students can hear.
“Epson is committed to providing today’s educators with projectors that allow them to improve classroom effectiveness and also meet today’s budgeting realities,” said Sara Kim, associate product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “We’ve asked teachers and administrators from across the country what they need in future projectors, and have integrated their input into this suite of products. The result is an affordable and flexible family of classroom-centric projectors that deliver long lamp life and are remarkably easy to use.”
The PowerLite 84 ($799*) and 85 ($899*) feature 2,600 lumens white light output, 2,600 lumens color light output4 and XGA resolution. The PowerLite 825 ($999*) offers 3,000 lumens white light output, 3,000 lumens color light output and XGA resolution. The PowerLite 826W ($999*) features 2,500 lumens white light output, 2,500 lumens color light output and WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio), which is ideal for use with widescreen laptops and DVD content. The PowerLite 85, 825 and 826W offer additional features giving educators tremendous flexibility within the classroom. Educators can remotely deliver presentations, as well as monitor and control the projectors, using the network. In addition, using the included EMP Monitor software, these projectors can be used as a broadcast system to show event flyers, updates and emergency instructions.
The PowerLite 85, 825 and 826W also offer PC-free connectivity through a USB Type A port, allowing for quick connection with USB memory devices, as well as affordable wireless functionality via an optional wireless module. Using the Quick Wireless Connection USB Key, teachers can simply insert the USB Key into the projector (first time set-up only) and then into a PC – the USB Key automatically reconfigures the computer’s network settings and wirelessly connects to the projector for instantaneous use.
More about the PowerLite 84, 85, 825, and 826W:
The new suite of projectors offers classroom-centric features, including:
- Extended Lamp Life: Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology offers more lumens (brightness) per watt than lamps used with competitive projection technology offering similar lumens specification, leading to increased energy efficiency and cost savings over time; using E-TORL, lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours in economy mode, and replacement E-TORL lamps cost up to $200 less than competing replacement lamps
- Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a wireless or wired microphone to amplify voice using the internal 10W speaker, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear; volume can be adjusted using projector or remote control buttons
- USB Plug n’ Play Connectivity: Epson’s proprietary technology offers a unique USB connection for “plug-and-play” projection, including video display with control of PowerPoint presentations using the “page up” and “page down” buttons on the remote
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
- Epson 3LCD Technology: Features Epson’s latest, 3-chip 3LCD optical engine to deliver amazing color and detail for powerful presentations
- Network Monitoring and Control: RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via a school’s IT network helps saves time and money, regardless of the projector’s physical location
- Easy Maintenance: Dust filter protects projector investment and is located on the side of each projector for easy filter replacement
- Hassle-Free Operation: Instant On and Instant Off to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures
- Versatile Presentation Modes: Eight special color modes, including blackboard and whiteboard modes, for presenting in a variety of environments
- Setup Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction for easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 84 and 85 will be available in May 2009, and the PowerLite 825 and 826W will be available in June 2009 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day.
*Estimated street price