Epson announced the first Android-based see-through wearable video display, which offers a new way to interact with 2D and 3D content. The Epson Moverio BT-100 uses micro-projection technology and an Android-powered track-pad controller to allow users to view streaming video, experience side-by-side 3D content and enjoy downloaded digital content on a virtual 80-inch perceived screen projected into the user's real environment. Featuring built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and nearly six hours of rechargeable battery life, Moverio offers an innovative, portable way to interact with content from virtually any location. Users can also easily access downloaded content via the microSDHC card slot (4GB card included) and built-in 1GB internal user storage, even without wireless network access.
Enhanced Mobility and New Content Interaction
Moverio BT-100 leverages Epson's leadership in LCD technology and visual imaging to project an 80-inch perceived “floating” display into the user's environment for browsing the web, playing games, watching videos and interacting with content privately, while still allowing the user to experience and see the real world. Using Moverio's Android-powered controller with Wi-Fi connectivity, users can watch streaming video from sites such as YouTube or Vimeo or manage, download and interact with apps and content from nearly anywhere.
- Enhanced Mobility: Rechargeable battery offers nearly six hours of battery life
- Removable Memory: Built-in card slot supports up to 32GB microSDHC card
- Download and Go: Transfer content, games and apps to the included 4GB microSDHC card or internal 1GB of user storage on the controller
- Adobe Flash 11 Support: Stream videos from popular television websites featuring Flash 11 content and content rich Flash-enabled websites
- Big Sound: Dolby Mobile surround sound delivered to personal earphones or Moverio's detachable earphones (included in-box)
- Innovative Navigation: Touch-enabled track pad and navigational buttons enable easy interaction of content
- Immersive 3D: Enjoy side-by-side 3D content like never before
Android Development Support
Moverio BT-100 offers a unique platform (www.epson.com/moverio) for technology enthusiasts and developers to create new Android-based applications and side-by-side 3D content for this innovative see-through display technology. To help support application and content development for Moverio BT-100, Epson is offering a range of programs for developers residing in the United States.
“The Moverio BT-100 see-through display is poised to significantly impact not only the way people interact with content for personal enjoyment, but the development of content for future applications — from virtual training platforms to a new way to interact with 3D CAD environments to visualizing 3D design renderings,” said Anna Jen, director of New Business Development, Epson America.
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Moverio BT-100 is now available for $699.99.