Epson announced the Home Cinema 2040 and Home Cinema 2045 3LCD home theater projectors, the latter of which adds wireless capabilities. Both offer 2D/3D performance with up to 35,000:1 contrast ratio, and 2,200 lumens of color brightness and 2,200 lumens of white brightness. Additionally, the projectors deliver several image refinement features including Detail Enhancement and frame interpolation, as well as connectivity that transform the projectors into a smart display optimized for dark room cinema. With the use of MHL-supported devices, users can stream TV shows, movies and video games in high-definition. With the Home Cinema 2045 users can also wirelessly stream content via Miracast and Intel WiDi.
The newly designed Home Cinema 2040 and 2045 portable projectors deliver an enhanced optical engine, improved LCD panel, up to 35,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, advanced Epson video processing, plus state-of-the-art Detail Enhancement that takes surface detail to another level. An improved iris by New Wing produces incredibly deep blacks by more efficiently controlling the light reduction rate. In addition, the projectors feature built-in sound with the capability to add speakers, enabling users to enhance any movie experience. The Home Cinema 2045 adds wireless streaming via Miracast and Intel WiDi. Connect an Apple TV, Chromecast, GoPro, Roku and more to easily display media content.
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson projectors have up to 3x Higher Color Brightness than leading competitive projectors, and feature 25 percent lower power consumption for lower energy costs. The Home Cinema 2040 and 2045 utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with vivid color, and also feature four pre-set color modes, allowing users to play their favorite video games or watch TV programs just about anywhere.
The Home Cinema 2040 and 2045 are housed in a white, compact design and offer several features to meet a range of home entertainment needs, including:
- 3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect.”
- Advanced Image Processing: Epson’s advanced image processing technology allows users to enjoy a clearer, sharper image. The projector’s Image Enhancement function enables digital noise reduction and MPEG noise reduction, as well as Detail Enhancement, which refines surface detail for true-to-life images that pop off the screen.
- Bright 3D Drive Technology: Minimizes the blackout time of 3D glasses and provides greater brightness of 3D images.
- MHL Supported: Supports Full HD 1080p video and 7.1 audio and enables users to simultaneously charge their MHL-enabled device when it’s plugged into the projector. Projector remote supports MHL-enabled devices.
- Versatile Connectivity: Two HDMI inputs (one MHL-enabled), Component Video, USB Type A digital connection, and USB 2.0 to share photos and slideshows.
- Rechargeable RF Glasses: Watch up to 40 hours of exciting 3D content, or up to three hours with a three-minute quick charge, with glasses sold separately.
Price, Availability and Support
The Epson Home Cinema 2040 ($799) and Home Cinema 2045 ($849) will be available in late August 2015 through select e-tailers and retailers nationwide and the Epson online store. The projectors come with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra Care Home Service.