Epson today unveiled three identical looking Home Cinema projectors designed for home theater enthusiasts demanding extraordinary image quality, as well as custom installers who serve the CEDIA channel. Designed for a variety of lighting conditions, the Home Cinema 3100, Home Cinema 3700 and Home Cinema 3900 feature up to 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness. Delivering enhanced detail in Full HD 1080p with up to a 120,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, the projectors include advanced Epson Image Enhancement Technology for sharp and refined images with lifelike smoothness and clarity.
The new projectors feature horizontal and vertical lens shift, which allows positioning flexibility with an incredible range of up to ± 60 percent on the vertical axis and up to ±24 percent on the horizontal axis. In addition, the projectors’ 1.6x zoom ensures easy installation in virtually any room, even on tight shelf spaces. For example, users can project a 110-inch image from just 10.5 feet away – the wide vertical lens shift and zoom lens make positioning easy for a range of environments.
All three next-generation projectors support HDMI, plus MHL, for seamless compatibility with cable/satellite boxes, Blu-ray Discs, DVD players, and gaming consoles. Stream content from favorite devices, including Chromecast, Roku3, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and more.
- High Color Brightness and White Brightness – Up to 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness1 for vibrant entertainment, even in well-lit environments
- Built-in Color Modes – Multiple color modes ensure the best possible image quality and color
- Full HD 1080p, Widescreen 2D/3D performance – Movies, games and more, up to 300 inches
- Deep Black Levels: Up to 1200,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Frame Interpolation Technology – Motion appears smoother, sharper and more realistic
- Color Brightness Specification – Brilliant Image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors, with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect”
- The Home Cinema 3700 adds two built-in 10W stereo speakers for lifelike sound and plug-and-play entertainment out of the box, with no need for additional speakers
- The Home Cinema 3900 meets ISF Certification standards, including specific ISF picture memory modes. It is designed for CEDIA and custom installers. It also adds an ethernet port.
“The Home Cinema 3100, 3700 and 3900 are dynamic home theater projectors that deliver a vivid, immersive viewing experience in living rooms, game rooms and more,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “There isn’t a big-screen TV that can compete with the size and immersive experience offered by a projected image, and with lens shift, these models are easy to set up and install.”
Availability and Support
- Epson Home Cinema 3100 ($1,299 MSRP)
- Epson Home Cinema 3700 ($1,499 MSRP)
- Epson Home Cinema 3900 ($1,999 MSRP)
Each projector comes with Epson’s industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine priority technical support, a 90-day lamp warranty, and free next day exchange with Extra Care Home Service. The Home Cinema 3100, 3700 and 3900 include a two-year limited warranty.