DWIN Electronics, Inc. today introduced two new high-definition 50-inch and 42-inch Plasmaimage display systems with the latest advancements in PDP technology, offering home theater enthusiasts exceptional picture performance at an affordable price.
Like its predecessors, the new PlasmaImage HD-200 series incorporates two complementary components: a native resolution high-definition plasma display and DWIN’s highly acclaimed outboard video processor/controller. The processor is virtually future-proof, accepting 10 digital or analog video inputs (two DVI/HDCP, two RGB, two S-video, two component and two composite). Six of these inputs are HD-capable.
The processor delivers native resolution digital video signals to the display via a single, high-bandwidth DVI cable. This unique two-component design provides cost effective, easy installation and hassle-free connectivity.
DWIN’s Plasmaimage display systems provide exceptional color reproduction and lifelike motion-picture realism. High contrast and excellent shadow detail are achieved with deep black digital bit drive, precision gray scale settings and display gamma selection.
Motion artifacts are reduced with Adaptive Film Mode processing, picture depth and dimensionality is increased with Dynamic Luminance Drive and signal Dynamic Range Expansion.
Plasmaimage HD 200 Series Specifications
- HD-242, 42″ Diagonal Screen Size with 1024 X 768 Native Resolution
- HD-250, 50″ Diagonal Screen Size with 1366 X 768 Native Resolution
- Anti-Glare Screen Coating with 160° viewing angle
- Dynamic Luminance to optimize luminance and contrast in real-time
- Motion Adaptive Screen Saver to prevent phosphor burn.
- HDTV/ DTV/ NTSC/ PAL compatible
- Five different Aspect Ratio Controls for DVD, HD and Computer Sources
- Custom Aspect Ratio settings for 4:3 and 2.35:1 recorded video sources
- Adaptive Film Mode processing (3:2/2/2 pull-down) for film originated sources
- Automatic Image Set-up and Scaling determines input video signal type and controls image and scaling parameters
- Complete Video Controls for all video sources, including DVI
- Home theater menus
- Enhanced Black Levels, color temperature and Gamma selection
- Video Source Memories for custom setup and automatic recall
- 10 Video Inputs: 2 DVI (HDCP), 2 RGB, 2 S-Video, 2 Component, and 2 Composite
- Eight Device pre-programmed/Learning IR/RF Remote Control with back-lit key-pad
- RS-232 port and control software
- Two 12 programmable outputs
About DWIN Electronics
Founded in 1985, DWIN Electronics, Inc. is a leader in advanced digital display and home theater technologies. The company is a pioneer in home theater with innovative technologies including the TranScanner, the first and only Variable Line Multiplier and the SilentView series of CRT projectors.
DWIN continues to lead the industry in innovation with its digital, high-definition video systems. DWIN’s TranScanner 3 is the industry’s first digital video processor/scaler to deliver native-resolution digital video signals to its Plasmaimage displays and Transvision DLP projectors.
The company continues to innovate with exclusive technologies such as DuoVision, a dual-display system with a dual-DVI output processor/scaler simultaneously supporting two digital, high-definition video displays.
DWIN’s engineering and production facility is located in Burbank, California in the heart of the motion picture and digital media industry.