Apparent Corporation announced the Doxie Go + Wi-Fi, a portable, wireless scanner that sends scans to any device or the cloud at 300dpi or 600dpi — no computer required.
Doxie is wireless scanning you can take anywhere. Featuring a built-in battery and memory chip, Doxie scans everywhere you go, then pushes scans directly from the scanner to Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, or Evernote.
The Doxie Go + Wi-Fi Scanner gets its Wi-Fi capability from an Eye-Fi X2 wireless SD card. The same scanner is available without the Eye-Fi card, just called the Doxie Go. Since the SD slot is available on Doxie Go, you could add Wi-Fi capability at a later time by inserting an Eye-Fi card. That way if you're not sure you need Wi-Fi scanning connectivity, you can always add it later, and save some money up front.
“Doxie means simple scanning you can take anywhere — with a beautiful industrial design and great software, Doxie just works. And now with Wi-Fi, your scans push wirelessly to all of your devices, or even direct to Evernote and the cloud,” said Travis J. Hicks, chief operating officer.
- Doxie scans everything from bills and receipts to reports, recipes, cards, and photos. Just 8 seconds per page.
- Doxie joins your Wi-Fi network and sends scans on the fly. On the go, Doxie creates its own ad-hoc network.
- Doxie sends your scans automatically to your computer, mobile device, or directly to Evernote, Flickr, FTP, and more.
- Grab the free Wi-Fi sync app from the App Store for fast, wireless scanning direct to your iPhone or iPad.
- Scan in full color at up to 600 dpi. And with a battery, memory, and Wi-Fi, you can scan and sync anywhere.
- Doxie Go + Wi-Fi includes wireless technology from Eye-Fi, the industry leader in wireless image sync.
Doxie 2.1 software for Mac + PC is included to sync and create searchable PDF files. Just sync, staple, and send to local apps or the cloud. Sync scans directly to your photo roll. Organize, e-mail, or use scans in iOS apps like Dropbox and Evernote.
- Resolution: Up to 600 dpi
- Speed: 8 seconds per page (300 dpi color); 5 seconds per photo (4×6″, 300 dpi color)
- Page Size: From business card up to 8.5×12″ (includes A4 and U.S. letter size)
- Output Formats: PDF, JPEG, PNG; Color, black and white
- OCR: Create searchable PDFs with ABBYY OCR
- Controls: Multi-action power button; adjustable paper guide ensures straight scanning
- Dimensions: 10.5″ x 1.7″ x 2.2″ (26.7 cm x 4.35 cm x 5.6 cm)
- Weight: 14.2 oz (403g)
- Connections: Connects via USB to sync and charge
- Built-in Memory: Stores up to 600 pages or 2400 photos
- Expansion: SD card slot; USB flash drive port;
- Wi-Fi: Works with wireless SD cards (sold separately; Eye-Fi and SanDisk brands)
- Power: Built-in lithium-ion battery (100 scans per charge, recharges in about 2 hours)
Price and Availability
- Doxie Go + Wi-Fi Scanner is $239 and now available.
- Doxie Go (without Eye-Fi Wi-Fi card) Scanner is $199.