Denon just announced a $150 portable Bluetooth speaker with 10-hour rechargeable battery and noise cancelling speakerphone in a water resistant package. The new Envaya Mini DSB-100 includes aptX Low Latency Bluetooth technology for CD quality streaming from any compatible smart device. NFC pairing means connection can be as simple as a tap. Any NFC enabled Bluetooth audio device can be automatically paired through contact with the Envaya Mini – no button pressing, no waiting to discover a device, just instant high quality streaming.
The design language of the original Envaya DSB-200 has translated perfectly into the new form that is available in either a black finish with blue cloth grille or a white with orange cloth grille. The smaller DSB-100 is the perfect portable sound system for people who want to play games or watch videos on their smart devices. The incredibly low latency – just 32 milliseconds – means that users will have no lip syncing issues inherent with standard Bluetooth streaming.
Price and Availability
The Denon Envaya Mini DSB-100 is expected to be available in December 2014 for $149.
- Dual 40mm Full Range Drivers plus 40 x 83mm passive radiator: offers you superb sound and punchy bass
- aptX Low Latency for Bluetooth: offers a total end-to-end latency of just 32 milliseconds (ms) – far less than the standard Bluetooth latency of more than 150 ms (+/-50ms), providing CD Quality Audio over Bluetooth while minimizing latency and ‘lip-sync’ issues
- NFC Pairing: Incredibly Fast & Easy Pairing (no buttons touched)
- Integrated Microphone with noise cancelling: for speaker phone functionality
- Carrying bag included
- Weight: 1.12 lb.
- Dimensions: 8.27”W x 2.13”H x 2.01”D