Denon is introducing its first sound bar in North America with the DHT-S514, which includes a wireless subwoofer. The $599 system is simple to set up and easy to use. Users simply connect the DHT-S514 to any television and enjoy powerful, dynamic audio from favorite TV shows, movies, games and music. It’s also equipped with aptX Bluetooth, which provides CD-quality audio streaming from any Bluetooth-equipped portable audio device, smartphone and tablet.
Featuring 175 watts of total system power, the DHT-S514 sound bar and wireless subwoofer together deliver true high-fidelity sound with any TV for an unmatched listening experience. As today’s flat panel TVs get thinner and thinner, so does their sound quality. In response, Denon’s audio engineers have included a host of high-performance components to deliver rich, enveloping, wide-range sound. The sound bar features dual 2-inch by 5-inch hyperbolic high-rigidity transducer (HHRT) drivers that reproduce the upper bass and midrange audio, delivering clear audio especially in the vocal range. There are also dual half-inch dome tweeters that reproduce the entire treble range, with response extending to 20 kHz.
The matching wireless subwoofer features dual 5.25-inch woofers that work in tandem to deliver the authoritative deep bass found in today’s movie and music soundtracks, and Denon’s BassTrac system ensures distortion-free bass at any listening level. The compact subwoofer can be placed horizontally or vertically for multiple installation options.
Televisions with a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) input equipped with audio return channel (ARC) allow users listen to audio from a source device (such as a cable or satellite box) as well as from the TV’s internal tuner. The DHT-S514 simply connects to a TV with the supplied HDMI cable, and users can enjoy audio from the set-top box as well from the TV. For TVs without ARC, the DHT-S514 connects via one of the two available digital audio connections—both optical and coaxial digital audio inputs are provided.
Users can also stream music wirelessly right to the DHT-S514 from a compatible Bluetooth device, such as a smartphone or computer that has Bluetooth A2DP capability, The system also includes aptX, state-of-the-art audio coding technology that enables high-quality music playback through Bluetooth. What’s more, we’ve included a pair of stereo analog (RCA) input jacks, along with a 3.5mm stereo input jack that lets users connect the DHT-S514 to a TV’s headphone output. The 3.5mm stereo input jack will connect a portable music player, smartphone or tablet. The audio input switching feature automatically chooses the best available audio source.
- Simple one-wire setup; connects directly to the TV with just one cable
- HDMI input for TVs with audio return channel (ARC)
- Bluetooth streaming with aptX
- Dolby Digital and DTS decoding with Denon Virtual Surround
- Two-way sound bar with two half-inch tweeters (for high frequencies) and two 2-inches-by-5-inches (2” x 5”) midwoofers (for low frequencies)
- Wireless subwoofer with dual high-output 5.25-inch woofers and BassTrac
- Optical and coax digital inputs and analog
- Five listening modes—Dialogue, Music, Music Wide, Movie, and Movie Wide—for top-notch sound tailored to users’ preferences
- NightMode (full-range tonal balance for late-night listening that minimizes the intrusion of deep bass audio into nearby rooms or spaces)
- Auto input switching
- Remote control included
Price and Availability
The Denon DHT-S514 sound bar and wireless subwoofer package will be available for $599.