Denon announced two new 2015 IN-Command Series 7.2-channel A/V Receivers with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X ready, full 4K, HDR and HDCP 2.2 support, which include the $600 AVR-X1200W and $800 AVR-X2200W. Along with a powerful set of next-generation features, the new X-Series models come with a unique Denon Eco mode. It provides the ability to reduce overall power consumption and features an on-screen Eco Meter that lets users see the power consumption reduction effect if desired. The Auto Eco mode automatically switches between normal and Eco modes, depending on the volume level chosen.
The AVR-X1200W 7.2ch Network A/V Receiver already brings technology from Denon’s top-of-the-line A/V models and offers an incredible value. Seven channels each providing 80 watts in a discrete amplifier design ensure that the sound reaching the speakers is powerful, controlled and full of subtle detail. The AVR-X1200W is equipped with Dolby Atmos decoding and Dolby Surround Upmixing to further expand the home theater experience. These deliver captivating multi-dimensional sound through height or overhead speakers, or easy to install Dolby Atmos enabled upfiring speakers up to a 5.1.2 configuration. Moreover it is ready for DTS:X and DTS Neural:X upmixer that can create an immersive sound field around the listener, no matter the number of speakers installed.
While offering the renowned Denon audio quality, the AVR-X1200W comes with built-in Bluetooth for music streaming from a smartphone, and Wi-Fi to easily connect to a home network. Once connected, the AVR-X1200W opens up any room to literally unlimited music sources and playback options, including Apple AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio and Spotify Connect (where available; subscriptions required). High-Resolution audio files like FLAC, AIFF or DSD are also supported and played back in impeccable sonic quality. To easily keep control of all features, the new Denon AVR Remote App will be launched for iOS and Android devices.
The AVR-X1200W comes with a host of advanced video features including compatibility with the latest HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a specifications on all 6 HDMI inputs. With 4K60Hz Ultra HD video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and BT.2020 passthrough support on every input, the AVR-1200W is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources.
Sharing the same core values and features of the AVR-X1200W, the new AVR-X2200W has a power amplifier with 95 watts per channel for even more drive and elevated audio performance. With 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs and 2 HDMI outputs, this AVR is ready to handle most HDMI devices. Moreover, it features a powerful video processor section to up-scale and transcode standard definition and high definition video sources (both analog and digital inputs signals) up to 4k Ultra HD resolution. A more extensive array of inputs, control options, and a second zone pre-out make the AVR-X2200W a truly versatile and advanced A/V receiver for the price.
Setting up a Denon A/V Receiver is quick and easy with the exclusive Denon setup assistant and quick guide. Audyssey MultEQ XT automatic room acoustic measurement and correction system matches the installed speakers to the individual room’s acoustics, for the smoothest, most natural tonal balance. Audyssey Dynamic Volume offers real-time volume adjustment, while Audyssey Dynamic EQ improves a system’s surround sound effects at low volume levels. This whole package offers a hassle-free setup, easy operation and optimized listening experience at the same time.
Price and Availability (July 2015)
Denon AVR-X1200W Features
- 80W x 7ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- Built-in Dolby Atmos; DTS:X ready (via firmware update later in 2015)
- Advanced quad-core 32-bit DSP processor
- Latest HDMI 2.0a standard with 4K/60Hz full-rate pass-through on all inputs, 4:4:4 resolution, HDR, BT.2020
- 6 HDMI 2.0a inputs (1x front) and 1 HDMI output with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Built-in Wi-Fi with dual diversity antenna, built-in Bluetooth
- Front panel USB input
- Upgraded Denon Sound engineering design
- Wide support for streaming formats including high resolution DSD, FLAC and AIFF
- AirPlay and DLNA music streaming; Spotify Connect (where available); Internet Radio
- Advanced ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Audyssey MultEQ XT with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Multi-room / Multi-source for independent second room audio – speaker terminal assignable
- New Denon AVR Remote App (available for Android and iOS)
- Remote handset
- Setup Assistant in 3languages
- Color-coded speaker terminals
- Easy to setup, easy to use
- Dual subwoofer outputs
- C4 certified IP control capability
- IR remote input
- Available in black
Denon AVR-X2200W – Additional Features
- 95W x 7ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- Selected audio parts for best audio performance
- 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs (1x front) and 2 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Advanced Video Processing with scaling of lower resolution signals up to 1080p and 4k Ultra HD, for analog and digital
- video inputs
- Multi-room / Multi-source for independent second room audio – speaker terminal assignable or via pre-out terminal
- ISF Certification
- IR remote input and output
- RS-232C terminal
- Ergonomic remote handset for easy control