Dell Updates Vostro Laptops With Chat and Webcam Option For Small Businesses
Dell introduces its newest Vostro laptops, designed expressly to meet small business needs and custom-built to maximize productivity amidst shrinking travel budgets with free, pre-installed videoconferencing and webcam software with purchase of integrated webcam and microphone.
In the current economy, small businesses are relying on productivity and collaboration solutions more heavily than ever as a cost-effective alternative to business travel. According to a recent study by the Association of Corporate Travel Executives1, 71 percent of businesses plan to spend less on travel in 2009. IDC predicts that by the close of this year, close to 35 percent of SMBs will be using some form of videoconferencing2.
“Through our direct relationships, we understand what small businesses care about most – staying productive everywhere, staying secure, and staying up and running without fail,” said Sam Burd, global vice president, Dell Small and Medium Business. “Customer-driven innovation is the core of our DNA. Today, SMBs need effortless videoconferencing solutions and world-class data security in an affordable package and that is what the latest Vostro laptops provide.”
- Redesigned Vostro laptops include the 13.3-inch Vostro 1320, the 15.4-inch Vostro 1520, and the 17-inch Vostro 1720. Products are available today in North America and select South American countries, followed by Europe, Middle East and Africa on April 7, and select Asian countries in May. For more information, visit www.dell.com/vostro or Dell’s small business blog.
- Unlike other major OEMs of small business laptops, Dell Vostro laptops now include pre-installed Dell Video Chat videoconferencing software with the purchase of optional integrated webcam and microphone — giving customers a complete videoconferencing solution3.
- Built specifically for small businesses concerned about data safety, the updated Vostro laptops now offer more security options than comparable, competitive small business laptops from Acer, HP and Lenovo4. New security options include:
- Mobility solid state drives now available for worry-free data protection
- Fingerprint readers with easy to use software to secure data with multi-factor authentication
- Encrypted Hard Drive with Wave Systems software5 that can easily encrypt data without impacting system performance
- Vostro also continues to deliver the product and service experience that fits the unique needs of small and medium businesses:
- Pre-loaded with only customer-selected software; no trialware
- Quality ensured with Premium Panel Guarantee6 promising zero bright dots on select systems during the limited warranty7
- Dell’s 30-day worry-free Vostro return policy8
- Dell CompleteCare and Dell ProSupport services give customers the ability to customize and tailor services to fit their technical expertise and business needs.
- Affordable mobility solutions for small businesses with prices starting at $569 (Vostro 1520), $629 (Vostro 1320), and $649 (Vostro 1720)
1 ACTE Global Release, February 9 2009.
2 IDC Worldwide SMB 2009 Top 10 Predictions: Challenging Economy Will Sharpen Technology Focus on Near-Term Productivity Gains, Doc # 216227, Jan. 2009.
3 As of March 27, 2009 based on Dell analysis.
4 Based on competitive analysis conducted February 2009 comparing Dell Vostro 1320, Acer Extensa 4220, 4620 and 4630 and Lenovo ThinkPad SL300 and SL400; Dell Vostro 1520 to Acer Extensa 5620 and 5630, HP 550 and HP Compaq 6730s, and Lenovo ThinkPad SL500; the Vostro 1720 to the HP Compaq 6830s.
5 Options not offered in Russia or China.
6 Available on Vostro 1520 and Vostro 1720 only.
8 Available in US only.