- Packed Full of Entertainment Enhancers for High-Def Lifestyle
- Choice of Styles to Fit Any Space: Traditional Mini-tower or Sleek Slim-tower
Dell announced today the global launch of the Studio Desktop and Studio Slim Desktop — the newest additions to Dell’s Studio line designed to be the heart of home entertainment command centers and multimedia activities.
With a starting price of $549, these stylishly designed PCs are packed full of entertainment enhancers including standard graphic support for DirectX 10 and optional Blu-ray Disc players and built-in HDMI for easy connections to HDTVs. Powered by state of the art technology and designed to be the center of the home electronics universe, the Studio desktops provide great multimedia performance that is scalable to meet users’ specific needs and preferences. Home entertainment scenarios include:
- Super-size vacation pictures, listen to MP3s or stream Internet TV on an HDTV by connecting via the built-in HDMI port.
- Add an optional Blu-ray disc drive and watch Blu-Ray movies on HDTV or one of Dell’s brilliant HD flat panel monitors.
- Add an optional TV Tuner and use Microsoft’s Windows Media Center to watch, pause, and rewind live TV and record favorite shows.
Functional Design and Customizable Technology
Featuring a sophisticated, glossy black design finish, the new Studio desktops blend nicely into home entertainment centers. Users can choose from the Dell Studio Desktop, with a traditional mini-tower chassis that makes future upgrades easy, or the Dell Studio Slim Tower, a sleek, compact design that’s great for space-constrained environments.
Whether it’s running the home theater, or producing slide shows and video, the Dell Studio desktops are optimized with a variety of standard and optional features that make creating and watching content a breeze. Standard features include:
- Six USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 back) for easy connections to cameras, MP3 players, storage keys.
- Built-in 1394a port for fast connections to digital video cameras
- Integrated graphics that support DirectX 10 and optional Blu-Ray player
- HDMI output for connecting to an HDTV or high-definition display
- Gigabit Ethernet for faster uploading and downloading
- Built in 16-in-1 media card reader on Studio Desktop, (optional 19-in-1 on Studio Slim Desktop)
- 350 Watt power supply on the Studio Desktop, 250 Watt power supply on the Studio Slim Desktop
Optional features include:
- Video card upgrades from ATI
- 64-Bit versions of Windows Vista , with support for up to 8GB of system memory
- Blu-ray Disc drives
- Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Built-in TV tuner with remote control
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
Dell provides a variety of service offerings and add-on options to help ensure devices are easy to use and to help maintain optimal performance, including:
- Dell DataSafe Online Backup: Helps protect your data and makes it easy to restore by backing up to a safe, remote storage site – 2GB free for one year.
- Dell Support Center: Quickly access Dell service and support from an icon on your desktop that provides automated fixes, software upgrades and tools to help keep your system up-to-date and running efficiently.
- DellConnect Remote Assistance: Dell experts help diagnose and solve PC problems via an Internet connection (available only on Windows -based systems).
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit www.dell.com.