Dell Updates Industry-First Multi-Touch Capable Tablet
Dell today announced the Latitude XT2 convertible tablet building on the industry’s first tablet PC with multi-touch screen capabilities designed to enhance security, increase performance and extend battery life. The system starts at $2,399 and is available today at www.dell.com/latitude.
Multi-touch capabilities on the Latitude XT2 allow users to use natural gestures like a pinch or tap for scrolling, panning, rotating and zooming that work with productivity applications they use every day. Dell’s integration of multi-touch screen technology allows customers to use the full real estate of the display, as opposed to just the touchpad.
“As part of our commitment to deliver the best mobility experience, Dell revolutionized the tablet space with the first multi-touch capable product that allows customers to use the entire screen,” said Brett McAnally, director, Dell Product Group. “Today, we’re extending that leadership with the Latitude XT2 to deliver more performance, security and manageability.”
Other features include:
- Up to 11 hours, 28 minutes of battery life1 with 6-cell battery and optional 6-cell battery slice
- Daylight Viewable display that has up to 100 percent more luminance than the HP EliteBook 2730p
- Full-size keyboard, touchpad, point stick and battery-free pen give users input flexibility
- Combines performance with high touch accuracy to allow touch interface with small icons without drops or hangs
- Comprehensive services options with Dell ProSupport2
- Improved connectivity with new LCD-based wireless antenna design
- Enhanced hinge design for improved panel stability
- SATA drive support providing updated storage technology and enhanced performance
- Comprehensive security features adding Dell ControlVault and ControlPoint Security Manager
- DDR3 RAM allows better performance and up to 5GB RAM3
- Manageability with integration of Intel vPro and DASH 1.0 compliance.
1 Battery life results based on Dell Lab testing on a Latitude XT2 with 6-cell battery and 6-cell battery slice. Actual battery life will vary based on configuration, operating conditions and other factors. Maximum battery capacity decreases with time and use.
2 Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit dell.com/servicedescriptions.
3 Significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.