Latest Dell Latitude Notebooks Respond to Business Demand for Excellent Mobility Experience; New Models Designed to Enhance Battery Life, Connectivity, Performance, Energy Efficiency
Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) announced it is responding to customer demand for a better mobility experience with longer battery life, increased performance and excellent connectivity with the new Latitude D630, D830 and D531 notebook models. The new systems also deliver energy efficiency with select Energy Star 4.0 compliant configurations.
With features such as next-generation wireless technologies, extended capacity batteries and based on the latest Intel processors, the Latitude D630 and D830 help increase performance and battery life. Testing shows that the D630 increased performance over the previous generation by up to 15 percent and features up to 9.4 hours of battery life. Dell is also expanding customer choice with the addition of the AMD-based Latitude D531 mainstream-value notebook.
The company said that it will offer the Latitude D430 ultra-mobile notebook and Dell Precision M4300 both based on the Intel processors in the coming weeks. In the fall, Dell plans to announce the launch of the Latitude D630c based on Intel’s Centrino Pro technology.
“Customers are sending us the message that they want mobile products with the latest features but no added complexities that can distract them from building their businesses,” said Margaret Franco, director, Dell Product Group. “We hear their message and are committed to leading the industry with customizable systems that can easily be tailored to meet ownership and productivity needs of our customers.”
New Notebooks Packed with Latest Technologies
The Latitude D630 and D830 were designed with the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors, and the D531 is based on AMD Turion 64 and Sempron processors.
Other new technologies supported by these products include:
- Fully encrypted hard drive that enables maximum security with no performance loss
- Optional solid state (SSD) drive available in the coming weeks that delivers performance, reliability and durability because the flash-based storage has no moving parts
- Choice of Intel Turbo Memory cache card (on Latitude D630 and D830) or Hybrid hard drive that leverage flash memory to support Microsoft Vista ReadyDrive and help reduce boot time
- New Dell Wireless 5520 HSDPA built-in mobile broadband mini-card on Cingular and Vodafone supports tri-band high-speed global roaming and Dell Wireless 5720 EV-DO Rev A built-in mobile broadband mini-card supports fast upload and download speeds with Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and TELUS available on the Latitude D630 and D830
- Displays that are up to 38 percent brighter than the previous generation of notebooks
Connectivity, Security, Quality and Customer-Driven Design
Latitude notebooks are designed to deliver on the four Dell cornerstones of durability, quality and security with IT simplicity and user productivity in mind:
- HyperConnect features that enable users to work from virtually anywhere with integrated 802.11n wireless connectivity for increased throughput and range enabled by antennas that support multi-band wireless performance
- Smart Security solutions that include integrated smart card and biometric readers, TPM 1.2 and fully encrypted hard drives that do not sacrifice performance
- RoadReady quality with magnesium alloy construction and full-time Strike Zone hard drive protection, all backed by 13,000 hours of rigorous testing to help ensure durable operation
- Customer-driven design that delivers technology choices, including the latest 64-bit hardware and energy efficient products
Simplified Operations Help Customers Focus on Growing Their Business
Dell is committed to helping customers remove complexity from their IT infrastructure so more resources can be applied to growing their business. The new Latitude notebooks help simplify operations with assets that are easy to deploy and maintain with specialized services, four generations of component commonality and Dell Client Manager for remote administration capabilities.
Dell Expands Energy Smart Products
Dell is expanding on its Energy Smart product lineup with select configurations of Latitude D630, D830 and D531 that are Energy Star 4.0 compliant. This Environmental Protection Agency specification calls for more stringent controls on the energy consumed by desktop and notebook systems.
“Dell is committed to producing the most energy-efficient notebooks and desktops in the industry,” said Franco. “We also ship our products with Energy Smart power settings that are designed to exceed regulatory compliance. This can enable customers to save money and helps decrease their overall environmental footprint.”
Dell will announce compliance of its OptiPlex desktop and Dell Precision workstation products in the coming weeks.
Pricing and Availability
With a starting weight of 4.5 pounds, the thin-and-light Latitude D630 features a 14.1-inch wide aspect XGA display. It is priced from $1,189.
A base configuration for the high-performance Latitude D830 (starting weight 5.97 pounds) is $1,249 and includes a 15.4-inch wide aspect XGA display.
The mainstream value Latitude D531 starts at 5.1 pounds and includes 14.1-inch wide-aspect displays and TrueLife technology for richer colors. A base configuration starts at $839.
For more information on the new Latitude products, visit http://www.dell.com/latitude. For details on Dell’s energy-saving strategy, visit dell.com/energy.