Dell today introduced the Inspiron Mini 12, a small, easy-to-carry Internet companion that you can fine tune to fit your specific needs and deeds. Like its counterpart the Inspiron Mini 9, the Mini 12 is ideal for teens, tweens, travelers and “Tweeters” to surf the Web1, chat with friends, blog, stream content, upload photos or enjoy online videos, music and games.
The Inspiron Mini 12 is available initially only in Japan through Bic Camera, Kojima and Sofmap stores and other retail outlets. It will launch online globally by late November with configurations starting under $600 (U.S.). Ubuntu and Windows XP operating systems also will be available before the end of the year.
With a starting weight of only 2.72 lbs.1 and only 0.92 in. thick1, current standard features on the Inspiron Mini 12 include:
- Windows Vista Home Basic, built-in webcam, 1GB of RAM and a choice of 60 GB or 80 GB hard drive1, providing ample capacity for mobile applications, content creation and storage.
- Built-in Bluetooth and 802.11b/g wireless.
- A sharp 12.1-inch WXGA display, offering wider viewing angles and exceptional brightness.
- Dell provides a variety of service offerings and add-on options to help ensure devices are easy to use and maintain optimal performance, including:
- Dell Support Center: Quickly access Dell service and support from an icon on your desktop that provides automated fixes, software upgrades and tools to help keep your system up-to-date and running efficiently.
- DellConnect Remote Assistance1: Dell experts help diagnose and solve PC problems via an Internet connection (available only on Windows-based systems).
1 Wireless access: Where wireless access is available. Additional access charges apply in some locations.
Device weight: Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
Device dimensions: Dimensions for Mini 12 thinness range from 0.92-1.09 in.
Available operating system and hard drive options might vary by country.
DellConnect not used for all incidents. Internet connection required. Go online for details at dell.com/dellconnect.
Dell Inspiron and DellConnect are trademarks of Dell Inc.