Dell Inspiron 1501 and Latitude 131L AMD Notebooks Announced
Dell Notebooks Delivers New Level of Value for Consumers, Small Businesses
Just in time for the holidays, Dell announced the Inspiron™ 1501, a new notebook computer for consumers and small businesses with enhanced features that elevate value for everyday entertainment and productivity.
The company also announced the Latitude™ 131L, an equally sleek new notebook for small business customers interested in productivity and performance. The new notebooks are the first from Dell to offer innovative mobile processor technologies from AMD. Beginning November 7th Latitude 131L will be available to customers at www.dell.com.
The Inspiron 1501 packs features and performance previously reserved for higher-end Dell notebooks including a 15.4-inch widescreen display and the power of optional dual-core processing. The silver and white Inspiron 1501 carries the Windows Vista™ Capable1 designation.
The Latitude 131L notebook is designed to help small businesses increase productivity, access to data and enhance employee collaboration while on the move. The new Latitude notebook is highly customizable and at first includes a 15.4-inch wide-aspect display, with either AMD Turion™ 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology or a Mobile Sempron™ processor and up to three-year Next Business Day Onsite Service2 and support.
“Dell’s vision for mobile computing and breadth of offering is leading the industry,” said Alex Gruzen, senior vice president of Dell’s Product Group. “As much as we deliver product innovation with our award winning XPS systems, we’re also committed to helping consumers and small-business customers get more out of their technology investment to meet their everyday entertainment and productivity needs.”
Best of What’s New
In addition to positive customer response, Dell this week is receiving two innovation awards from a popular national magazine and a nationally known third party consumer organization. Those awards, given to the Dell XPS™ M2010, confirm that Dell delivers innovative products are easily incorporated into our lives.
The Dell XPS™ M2010 is designed to be a desktop PC replacement for entertainment and multimedia enthusiasts. It is easily transportable, like a notebook, yet functions like a full-featured computer.
Product Details – New Offerings
The Inspiron 1501 comes with the following new customer benefits–many of which are normally featured in more expensive systems:
- AMD Turion™ 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology as an option; prices start at $649 (USD)
- Mobile AMD Sempron™ processor is standard; Prices start at $549 (USD)
- Integrated wireless networking
- Standard with 512MB shared3 memory and 60GB hard drive4; customers can upgrade to 2GB3 memory and 120GB hard drive4
- Minimum 512 MB of shared memory3 and a 60GB4 hard drive
- New integrated graphics with up to 256 MB of HyperMemory5 performance enabling excellent entertainment and casual gaming experiences
- Standard 3-in-1 media card reader easily transfers digital files from cameras and MP3 players
- A 15.4-inch widescreen display with optional TrueLife™ technology
- Wide aspect screens which can provide up to 30 percent more viewable area over standard aspect XGA display6
- Corel Snapfire™ Plus SE helps customers manage all of their digital photos and video clips. It helps them create, edit, organize and share photos and projects such as calendars, greeting cards and scrapbooks to enjoy with family and friends.
Latitude 131L features also deliver excellent gains in productivity compared to previous models with technology advances including:
- AMD Turion™ 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology as an option; prices start at $899;
- Mobile AMD Sempron™ processor is standard; prices start at $629;
- Integrated graphics options
- Wide-aspect Displays
- Windows Vista™ Capable1
- Manage your settings easily with Dell QuickSet software
- Optional CompleteCare7 Accidental Damage Service